Gas Cap Mod (Thanks CChouseky)

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I ordered the same gas cap as cchouseky because I really didnt like the way the old one looked and it was hard to keep the rings clean around the cap. So I got mine in yesterday and took off the gas cap and was suprised how clean mine was. I was a afraid it would of had alot of rust being a 2004. Anyway here it is.

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

Love it!

I thought about getting the exact same one, but opted for painting the stock cap instead.

As for the fuel theives....I'd only be worried if the price of gas started to sky rocket again.

It looks great!

but I would peal off the sticker.

I knew someone would point it out, I have been working on taking it off today, but its a pain in the ass.... My finger nails hurt, and I am afraid to use a razor blade. Any suggestions?

Love it!

I thought about getting the exact same one, but opted for painting the stock cap instead.

As for the fuel theives....I'd only be worried if the price of gas started to sky rocket again.

That is SO SO True!

If someone was gonna bother stealing gas, why would they go for 2-4 gallons?? I think they would go for siphoning a car or truck.

I like the look of the new cap, and the ease of no key. Good job, Geoff!!

If someone was gonna bother stealing gas, why would they go for 2-4 gallons?? I think they would go for siphoning a car or truck.

....why would someone bother breaking into your car for the $0.73 you have in the cup holder? But they do! Never underestimate what crack heads and douchebags will do! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Looks fantastic, much better looking than the OEM item, and it suits where you are going with the bike...

:thumbup:

Looks great! I really like the color contrast with the frame i think it looks much better than stock.

..also i would be concerned about people stealing the gas cap rather than gas..I mean..what do you do when you come back one day and you dont have a gas cap? kinda like not locking your helmet on the bike..i would never leave my helmet unlocked on the bike just because i wouldnt be able to get home at the end of the day..not worried about the item so much..where i live (espeically at college where you park in motorcycle designated area with lots of other bikes) this would be stolen in no time...freaking idiots tried to peel of the school permit off my bike and ruined the permit and scratched my fender deeply with their knife/key in the process. New permit is 15$. WTF .someone i know got their license plate stolen twice at the same spot!!! This pretty gas cap wouldnt last a day :D

Last edited:
Looks great! I really like the color match with the frame i think it looks much better than stock.

..also i would be concerned about people stealing the gas cap rather than gas..I mean..what do you do when you come back one day and you dont have a gas cap? kinda like not locking your helmet on the bike..i would never leave my helmet unlocked on the bike just because i wouldnt be able to get home at the end of the day..not worried about the item so much..where i live (espeically at college where you park in motorcycle designated area with lots of other bikes) this would be stolen in no time...freaking idiots tried to peel of the school permit off my bike and ruined the permit and scratched my fender deeply with their knife/key in the process. New permit is 15$. WTF .someone i know got their license plate stolen twice at the same spot!!! This pretty gas cap wouldnt last a day :D

Well if all else fails, I could bead weld a small chain to the tank. If it came down to it.

So I ordered the same gas cap as cchouseky

And which one would that be and where from? ... You know what Geoff, I think you are beginning to cost me money. I am ordering the drag bars you have this weekend. And now I am wanting the gas cap. I agree, the factory one gets nasty looking quick.

I knew someone would point it out, I have been working on taking it off today, but its a pain in the ass.... My finger nails hurt, and I am afraid to use a razor blade. Any suggestions?

That is SO SO True!
Citrus oil cleaner such as "Desolve-It" - very gentle. Great for getting rid of gum/stickers - if you have it in the US/Canada?

:thumbup:

id peel that sticker right off my bike, but im afraid the paint will be a different color under it. id rather have the sticker than a ghost image of where it used to be.

if you do get rid of it let me know how it turns out in that respect.

oh and +1 on the gas cap

And which one would that be and where from? ... You know what Geoff, I think you are beginning to cost me money. I am ordering the drag bars you have this weekend. And now I am wanting the gas cap. I agree, the factory one gets nasty looking quick.

HA!, Soon you will have a streetfighter! My most expensive mod was probably headlight because of the buying the light from France and than buying paint to match the bike.

Honestly though, you will love the dragbars, atleast I did.

Back