gauge cluster odometer

frt96

Reaction score
Visit site
Does the Gauge cluster record the milage on the odometer or does the ECU??

The reason I am asking is I found out I can't register my 2007 49state bike in california until I hit 7500miles. I only have 4500 on it now and I am afraid to try and put 3k on it with no plates. I was thinking about getting a gauge cluster with over 7500 on it so the DMV won't complain.

I bought the bike locally from a airforce major, but he had it registered in his home state. This bike has a clean arkansas title but CA dmv still considers it a "new" out of state motorcycle. Had I known this ahead of time I would have bought a CA bike.

FlyguyCFI

Reaction score
Visit site
Does the Gauge cluster record the milage on the odometer or does the ECU??

The reason I am asking is I found out I can't register my 2007 49state bike in california until I hit 7500miles. I only have 4500 on it now and I am afraid to try and put 3k on it with no plates. I was thinking about getting a gauge cluster with over 7500 on it so the DMV won't complain.

I bought the bike locally from a airforce major, but he had it registered in his home state. This bike has a clean arkansas title but CA dmv still considers it a \"new\" out of state motorcycle. Had I known this ahead of time I would have bought a CA bike.

7500 miles?! Why can't you register it before that???

frt96

Reaction score
Visit site
The state of california has stupid laws. Why is the bike ok to import to ca after 7500 and not before has to do with people leaving CA and buying cars in other states with no sales tax to save money. Anyway as far as the state of ca is concerned any car or motorcycle without CA emissions is still new until 7500 miles. It's a stupid law.