Go ahead and suggest something (music)...

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Help! I need some new tunes for my riding/driving playlist. Suggestions? All genres accepted. I won't buy it if it's not for me (cough, country, cough).

Until Motogiro posted California Love here I didn't know I liked 2Pac! :eek:

And Erci, good call with Goldfish from your "dirty video" thread now I can introduced them to my friends and be the cool kid! :cool:

I'm ready for more! I've been listening to Wolfmother to get my bada$$ going for too long now...:rockon:

Thanks!!
- Sista Hoon Jen

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I suggest using

http://www.spotify.com

It's not like other internet radios. It lets you actually search individual songs and make playlists with them. Its accessible anywhere, from almost any device -- and you never have to worry about losing your music. Its free, and it lets you listen to specialized radio stations that adapt to what you listen to. You can like and dislike songs, which plays more songs like the ones you like and less of those songs and other similar.

It also creates a playlist based on everything you've marked as liked while listening to the radio -- which can then be created into a new radio station. The radios are terrific for finding new music -- I find once a little time is spent telling the radio what you like and do not like -- it gets really good at finding you new music.

I got Spotify for free and 2 days later was so hooked I bought premium which lets you download. It's an amazing service -- highly recommended from me if your looking to find new music but don't know where to look.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you need to "kick it up and notch", maybe ride on the edge a bit; "Hinder", All American Nightmare has some Rock'n little tunes....
Amazon full album for $6! What Ya Gonna Do & 2 Sides of Me come to mind! :thumbup: Although I like most of their music!

Puddle of Mudd and The Burned are good too.

KnuckleBallz

Reaction score
Visit site
:bow: Awesome :cheer::cheer::cheer:

I had to buy the WHOLE ALBUM!! Even if no one else posts on this thread, seeing your video and sampling a couple of your songs on iTunes has made it worthwhile.

I want to be a Superstar now! (Beautiful song)

:rockon:

Glad you liked it, buddy. Enjoy.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Some of my favorite non-mainstream background music (besides the 3 songs from Goldfish):

Aimee Mann - Borrowing Time
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Weapon of Choice
Computer vs. Banjo - Give Up On Ghosts
Florence + the Machine - Kiss With A Fist
Galactic - What You Need
Jose Gonzalez - Heartbeats
Kate Tucker - Roman Candles
Leroy Williams - Good Time
Morcheeba - Enjoy The Ride
Shins - Pink Bullets
Stereophonics - Maybe Tomorrow

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you need to "kick it up and notch", maybe ride on the edge a bit; "Hinder", All American Nightmare has some Rock'n little tunes....
Amazon full album for $6! What Ya Gonna Do & 2 Sides of Me come to mind! :thumbup: Although I like most of their music!

Puddle of Mudd and The Burned are good too.

The Burned is one of my favorites! Couldn't figure out why they didn't get more play time on the local station that introduced them to me. Great cd.

I can tell I need to increase my iTunes budget this month... Hey, my driveway is gravel, so I'm always riding on the edge. It's the toughest part of every ride - getting into the driveway without falling over!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a HUGE music fan (just under 2,000 CDs, many more vinyl albums, played for crowds for decades, including Europe and the 2002 Winter Olympics) but I'm not too plugged into what's popular today (go ahead, call me Old Fart!) :BLAA:

Some older bands that I think are great for motorcycling:
Tower of Power
The Police
Scritti Politti
Basia
Dream Theater
Earth Wind & Fire
and my second-favorite band of all time, Level 42:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-dx9xe44W0]Level 42 - Something About You - 1986 - Super Platine - YouTube[/ame]
(my first-favorite band is Steely Dan, but it's not great motorcycling music...)

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
O.K. Jen, here's a few choices from all over the musical map. It's hard for me to pick favorites, I have 18,000 songs in my iTunes library from Opera to Death Metal and everything inbetween including classic county (none of that new stuff).

Velvet Revolver - Slither
White Stripes - Icky Thump
The Raconteurs - Consoler of the Lonely
Metallica - St. Anger
The Launderetts - Fluff 'n fold
JET - Cold Hard Bitch
Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench
Chickenfoot - Soap on a Rope

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a HUGE music fan (just under 2,000 CDs, many more vinyl albums, played for crowds for decades, including Europe and the 2002 Winter Olympics) but I'm not too plugged into what's popular today (go ahead, call me Old Fart!) :BLAA:

Some older bands that I think are great for motorcycling:
Tower of Power
The Police
Scritti Politti
Basia
Dream Theater
Earth Wind & Fire
and my second-favorite band of all time, Level 42:

(my first-favorite band is Steely Dan, but it's not great motorcycling music...)

Oh yes! "What is Hip???" You are ya old fart! :thumbup: Great list. And that video...they just don't make 'em like that anymore. I've gotta go find some Tower of Power now.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
O.K. Jen, here's a few choices from all over the musical map. It's hard for me to pick favorites, I have 18,000 songs in my iTunes library from Opera to Death Metal and everything inbetween including classic county (none of that new stuff).

Velvet Revolver - Slither
White Stripes - Icky Thump
The Raconteurs - Consoler of the Lonely
Metallica - St. Anger
The Launderetts - Fluff 'n fold
JET - Cold Hard Bitch
Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench
Chickenfoot - Soap on a Rope

Hmm. Think I should make "Cold Hard Bitch" my theme song for awhile...nah, no one would believe it for more than 3 seconds.

Nice mix. I like the variety. But you just reminded me I was going to do laundry today and I've been messing around on the forum for hours instead. Shoot.

Circuitrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Golden Earring--Radar Love
Sammy Hagar--Can't Drive 55
VanHalen--Hot For Teacher
Steppenwolf--Magic Carpet Ride
Ari Koivunen--Hear My Call
Aerosmith--Love in a Elevator
Eric Clapton--Pretending, No Alibis
Def Leopard- Photograph

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a HUGE music......Dream Theater.....

Ill second that, but the singer is a bit of a moot point, so if you can find some of their songs without vocals... and Petrucci is the 9th wonder:rockon:

my playlist includes:
Mudvayne:rockon:
REO Speedwagon
The Cardigans
Disturbed:rockon:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Linkin Park:rockon:
Evanescence
Skindred:rockon:
Van Halen
Styx
Blue Oyster Cult
The Script
SPIDERBAIT:rockon:
Tesla

and a lot more if you like this kinda stuff...:rockon:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ill second that, but the singer is a bit of a moot point, so if you can find some of their songs without vocals... and Petrucci is the 9th wonder:rockon:

Well, I can't agree that the vocalist is moot (I think he's a perfect fit for the band) but you might want to check out Liquid Tension Experiment. It's the instrumentalists from DT, but with Tony Levin on bass/Stick instead of Myung. Not good motorcycling music, you'd kill yourself within three miles! :rockon:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hah! Youtube is Great! Ladies & Gentlemen, LTE:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFZXfKrFWF0]Liquid Tension Experiment - "Paradigm Shift" Live 2008 *HD 1080p* - YouTube[/ame]

Just f*cking sick!!!

Last edited: