Go Cruise throttle control

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
I just put one of these on my bike, works great with my Rizoma Grips as well.
What a simple and clever idea.

motorcycle throttle control

throttle.jpg

Last edited:

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool. I was just at Cycle Gear looking at throttle locks and they were sold out. I get home and this was the first post.

Must have been fate. :BLAA:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really like the Throttle Meister. Works great. It's basicaly a bar end that the inside slides on to the throttle and stops it from moving. You just twist it forward and let go. A1+ :thumbup:

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
I really like the Throttle Meister. Works great. It's basicaly a bar end that the inside slides on to the throttle and stops it from moving. You just twist it forward and let go. A1+ :thumbup:

Throttle Meister $120
Go Cruise - $20

I will stick with Go Cruise.
The Go Cruise is every bit as effective, and much easier and faster to "engage".

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Kamloops, it looks like you've got Rizoma grips (or the ebay ones that look like the Rizomas). A buddy of mine got one of these and loves it, but he says it won't work with the Rizoma grips because where it mounts is metal and not rubber. How did you remedy this? It kind of looks like you put something around the grip, but I can't tell for sure.

If they work well with the Rizomas, I think I'll have to snatch one up!

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! I was just thinking of buying some sort of throttle control the other day. Just ordered one of these, thanks for the heads up!

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Kamloops, it looks like you've got Rizoma grips (or the ebay ones that look like the Rizomas). A buddy of mine got one of these and loves it, but he says it won't work with the Rizoma grips because where it mounts is metal and not rubber. How did you remedy this? It kind of looks like you put something around the grip, but I can't tell for sure.

If they work well with the Rizomas, I think I'll have to snatch one up!

Yes I have Rizomas.

The Go Cruise comes with Silicone Ring for metal grip or increasing friction.

215278_10150158227947819_501307818_6833854_7996178_n.jpg

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
May sound silly but works great
I get black elastic pony tail scunci bands 8 for a $1
slip it in and have complete control of throttle

don't get the ones with metal joint

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
although throttle meister is expensive, it might be worth it if you were going to get a heavier bar ends (HVMP for example) anyway. HVMP is the best bar ends for vibration control, the meister is not too far behind.

HVMP $70 + Go Cruise $20 = $90
Throttle Meister $120

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
how bad does the rubbing eat away at grips?

I put 12000 miles on my Vulcan 750 with no problems that's where I read about this trick the Vulcan site

One other thing to keep in mind once I hit the speed I want I no longer have to use my wrist to hold the gas steady so I don't get as much wrist pain on long rides

I would think you would ware out the hair band way before the rubber grip
plus you can buy a lot of grips for $75
One other thing once it's on there it works and you don't have to be setting it all the time and take your eyes off the road

I had one of the Cruise throttle control kits and I was all ways having to pull the lever to adjust my speed, it was a pain

For me it works great I'm sure for others it's a no go but to each his own:thumbup:

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
Ohh, so your saying that you put the hair ties under the go cruise to protect the hair ties? That makes sense and it looks like an awesome product to me!

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
HAAAAA!
NO
You put the hair tie between the throttle body and the hand grip
With the fz6 you have to twist it double and then put it in place
On the Vulcan the thinner band worked best but there's more space on the fz6 so you need to go with the thicker band
When I changed handle bars I ended up using two bands but it works out great
I guess I need to take some pictures lol

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
BamBam's way works, but you have to have grips with the rubber flange next to the kill switch housing for it to work. The Rizoma grips that I and others have don't have that rubber flange, so that trick won't work. That's where one of the Go Cruise contraptions would come in handy. :thumbup:

*edit*

Here's the stock FZ6 grips. Notice the rubber flange next to the turn signal housing (I don't have a picture of the stock grip on the throttle side)

1-3.jpg

And here's what the throttle side looks like with the Rizoma grips. Notice...no flange.

IMG_0458.jpg

Last edited: