Going to the Sun Road

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
I did it on a bicycle. It snowed the night before, we went but the weather was great (though a little cold) during the climb. The views were amazing. We watched a bear cub cross the road, saw the mountain goats and spectacular views. Take your time and stop at every turnout. Take pictures and just enjoy the views. I want to return on my FZ

Rich

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been to Glacier 3 times on the bike. It's a perfect way to see a beautiful place. There are many pull-outs throughout the park, make sure you take advantage of them and take lots of pictures.

It's downright chilly at the top. Take a warm jacket to throw on when you start to feel the need!

If you have the time, do the ride one more time from the opposite end you started on the first time. It's too beautiful to only do once.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mark, my husband just got back from there...BEWARE of Construction!
And Bear Tooth Pass in Montana was HIGHLY rated by him! He called it a 'peg scrapper' with beautiful views at the summit.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's hoping you're not stuck behind a hujazz Winnebago, as I always seem to be... :mad:

Pyro

Junior Asistant VP
Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't even think about construction. Seems to be a common thing on any mountain road for some reason...

Also thanks for the heads up about the cold at the top.

I'll be sure to take and post a bunch of pictures.

Talk to you guys in a few days!

BCFZRider

Reaction score
www.iwc-solutions.com
Was down there a few weeks ago, there are culverts recently paved over that can be annoying as they are slightly raised, but they were marked well.

Be sure to take Route 12 as well while you're down there... tops off an amazing ride.

Some video of both are in this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHbjDzhu_TE]YouTube - Montana Roadtrip[/ame]

Cheers.