Good rides in TN?

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
more specifically middle TN near nashville. i wish we had mountains like knox and at the plateau but we dont. lm looking for some twisty stuff like old farm roads and highways, stuff that only locals know about. bonus points for cop free zones.

Chris

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
If you felt like making a day of it you should ride east south east to the area around where Ga, Tn, and Nc meet. Some of the best roads in the south are all around the Appalachian foot hills.

GSBandit6

Reaction score
Visit site
The only route I remember from Middle TN is Hwy96 between I40 and US70. It runs through Edgar Evins Park and across Center Hill Dam. The road between Smithville and I40 isn't bad either. I thinks it's Hwy58. I mainly rode around the 'Boro and Antioch so I don't remember that many good roads around Nashville proper.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
iv ridden all through Leipers, there are some good roads near Arrington and Nolensville, too. there are also some good farm roads back off of wilson pike south of Brentwood near trinity road. a friend of my dads told us about this road recently off of nolensville pike where you can really wind it up but we couldnt find it before it got dark :( my purpose for asking about good rides in the middle TN area is just so i can blast for a couple hours and get a good ride in while still being able to get home if i need to.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds good! Tell me more about the road near nolensville pike. I stay in Brentwood Maryland farms so all those you mentioned are pretty close.

C

CoolATIGuy

we should meet up and do this for sure:thumbup:

You mentioned last year you weren't a group rider - are you interested in getting together with us this season? I don't think CrazyBiker has an FZ6 anymore (FZ1 now, right?) but is totally welcome to join in, and I know 4 or so other fz6 riders in the area too.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice to see some FZ6 riders in Nashville. When I had mine we had 3 others randomchaos, FZ6_Dude and Censport. I think they still own one.

C

CoolATIGuy

I gotcha - we're almost never all free at the same time, usually just 3 of us or so at a time.

Ride safe!

FJRacer

Reaction score
Visit site
The only route I remember from Middle TN is Hwy96 between I40 and US70. It runs through Edgar Evins Park and across Center Hill Dam. The road between Smithville and I40 isn't bad either. I thinks it's Hwy58. I mainly rode around the 'Boro and Antioch so I don't remember that many good roads around Nashville proper.

I know a couple of hundred west of I-65! No brag, just fact!
There are groups riding both East and West on Sat. and Suns. Check out Nashville Sport Bike Meetup Group

FJRacer

Reaction score
Visit site
If you felt like making a day of it you should ride east south east to the area around where Ga, Tn, and Nc meet. Some of the best roads in the south are all around the Appalachian foot hills.

Well, North Ala. is closer and surprisingly challenging, IF you know where to look.
Check out Hwy 65 south of Huntland(TN). Run it to 72 and turn left. Run 4 miles to 35. T/L. Run 1 mile to County Hwy 8. You'll notice a big yellow warning sign about severe curves and grade and no 18-wheelers. From there twist throttle accordingly! If you ain't grinnin' now you needto trade for a Cruiser.
Closer still is the Montegle area. 56(both sides of the mountain), 156, 41.
Honestly there's 6 to 8 different areas within 90 mins of Nashville that are guaranteed thrill rides. Ya just gotta get out and do 'em.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
This topic still active? I'm down in choo choo town and over in Pikeville area!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

This topic is always open. new rides never a bad thing

I know a couple of hundred west of I-65! No brag, just fact!
There are groups riding both East and West on Sat. and Suns. Check out Nashville Sport Bike Meetup Group

Where is this group?