Got Balls???

akwagon

Reaction score
Visit site
Saw this guy out riding today. I was still thinking about 4 weeks or so of snow melt left before I even think about getting my FZ6 out! The roads still have some snow here and there. It is still ice on them in the shade. Side streets all have a few inches of snow on them and there is about 2 feet still on the ground that is melting from accumulating all winter. Took this pic today Anchorage, AK
All I can say is this guy has way more balls then I ever would. :spank:
Give him props though for being die hard! :rockon:
:eek:

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
My first day of the 2010 season:

24059_103160983047485_100000607520314_91546_7680346_n.jpg

Just have to be on the lookout for snow, ice and new holes in the roads, - other than that it's all fine :)

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I rode to work every morning in the cold spell we've been having (-6c)
You've just got to take it real easy on the icy roads.No sudden change of direction,no slamming on the brakes,keep your distance from the vehicle in front of you and don't wind the throttle open too quickly.

the fact it was pitch black at 5 am everyday helped,as I was blissfully ignorant of the sheet ice everywhere :D

The way I look at it,it'll make me appreciate the sunny days more :thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
pfft! Ive ridden in worse than that. Thats great riding weather up here in Edmonton!!

Well maybe not "great" but you have to take what you can get here. just be smart and keep ur head up. know your tires and road temps and youre fine. though spotting a sheet of ice in your path of travel during a turn is definitely a "woop" moment.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Saw this guy out riding today. I was still thinking about 4 weeks or so of snow melt left before I even think about getting my FZ6 out! The roads still have some snow here and there. It is still ice on them in the shade. Side streets all have a few inches of snow on them and there is about 2 feet still on the ground that is melting from accumulating all winter. Took this pic today Anchorage, AK
All I can say is this guy has way more balls then I ever would. :spank:
Give him props though for being die hard! :rockon:
:eek:

We have a forum member from Alaska?
Definitely need some more trip reports from you man!

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Uhh I think this guy has us beat lol I dont think the sun even exists in this picture. Sorry Fizzer had to use your picture :)

imag0186c.jpg

G

guyd78

Pictures like this remind me of one of the reasons I moved to south Texas - no snow or cold weather! Can't stand it, and wouldn't want to deal with it again. Being here for close to three years now, the past two without any other vehicle but my motorcylcle (my wife still has her car though), also reminds me why I wouldn't want to go back to snow. Riding season is 12 months long. Believe me though, I share your enthusiasm for riding out of the garage for the first time in months. Been there and done that.

FZ6Ray

Reaction score
www.beyondaudiosystems.com
I've brought the FZ into work the last 2 Days. Put in the K&N last night. Lovin being back in the saddle again. Looking forward to another season.

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
i know a guy who rode all winter in the midwest on a honda magna, in his younger years, for many years. It was his only form of transportation at the time. If it was too cold or icy outside he'd just stay home or ask for rides.

rjo3491

Missing The Fiz-Sometimes
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe today!

Put the battery back in last night, aired up the tires, lubed the calbles - yada, yada, yada - ready to start the season!!

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
I would love to ride in weather like that. I have ridden in far worse. The sky in that pic is blue and the roads have been plowed. I have ridden in some very very bad storms.
Yes I live in Sunny CA now, but I have lived in Montreal and in rural New Brunswick. Why do you think I moved here.