Got My 1st Ticket

+1 ^

- go on their website
- pay fee
- mail filled out "trial by declaration" form (on their website)
- if you win: you will get your $$$ back, and the ticket will be dismissed,
- if you loose, you can still do a court trial if you think you really have a case, or simply forget about it and do the traffic school (I am not 100% sure that if you loose, you can still do the traffic school, so double check on that).

+1 ^

(I am not 100% sure that if you loose, you can still do the traffic school, so double check on that).
Yes, you can still do the traffic school if you lose. BTW, after my experience with the Trial by Declaration, I'm bummed because I took pics, composed an argument and everything. I think, as in a courtroom, the word of an officer prevails. For you, unless you can, maybe, targue hat the 55 mph wasn't posted adequately or that there haven't been any speed studies or something recently on that I-5 stretch you're probably better off showing up in court to plead guilty and, possibly, get a fine reduction. And, of course, do traffic school if found/convicted guilty.

Sorry you got burned man. He must have been having a bad day. (He should have cut you some slack) The last bike ticket I got was for 110 mph in a 55. The trooper was a biker so I got off for about a hundred bucks. Where I live it's really not a big deal unless you have previous tickets or get another one within a year. (He should have cut you some slack) To me, if you are on a bike and you even stop for them, they should cut you some slack. DId I say that I think he should have cut you some slack?
Many of my friends are cops, (county, city, state, etc). They all cut each other slack. Often I see troopers blowing by cagers on the interstate by 20 - 25 over the limit and then see them down the road pulling into a rest stop to use the bathroom. They are people too. (He should have cut you some slack : )

Sorry guys,what is traffic school? And do you have a points system like ours.We get 11 points to play with.You go above that and it's a ban.

It usually works out at 3 points for speeding,6 points for no insurance,6 points for driving and using a phone etc,but the fines can range from whatever the magistrate feels like for certain offences.

I don't think the States is like Britain,where you have automated speed cameras everywhere,as well as mobile detection units and police operated radar traps (welcome to big brother) :rolleyes:

Back