Got Questions, Forks, and the R6 conversion?

Archbashhero

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Everyone,
So I'm fairly new to riding, and LOVE my FZ6. Its my first bike, and I am more than pleased with what I got. One little thing that I have discovered after putting 4000 miles on it, is that the suspension seems a little squishy. I noticed that some of you have done the R6 fork swap, and just wanted to know how much of a hassle it would be for me to improve the front end. Last question would be how much does it burn my wallet, and is the R6 swap do-able for a not so avid wrencher?

Thanks

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A worthy investment that you will never regret!
Pressed for time but do a search and you will find old and new threads on the topic.

Some from a cpl weeks ago. Figure $350 in parts. Forks, axle, spacer and fender mount. They bolt on other than fender trimming the S2 bikes.

Search for JJD952 Forks, Suspension, upgrade
You should get some hits. Did mine in 2012, 20,000 miles ago! Worth every penny!

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the fork upgrade. It'll make you want a new rear shock though. It's not a particularly difficult install. The trimming of the fender may make you squeamish, but it's not a bad job and is not all that visible if it's not perfect.

Keep your stock forks and return the bike to stock when you sell it, then sell the R6 forks. They tend to hold their value pretty well so you can recoup most of your investment.

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
You mean just springs? If so, no, it won't be just as good. The R6 forks have better damping with adjustable preload, compression, and rebound as well which help fine tune things.