Great-Grandma on my FZ6

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
I took my mom out on the bike this weekend. She's been on my brother's bike before, but she's never been on the twisties. She loves them! We went Sunday, and she asked to go again Monday. :cheer:

Every once in a while she'd lean a bit funny. It was OK, not too alarming, but I could definitely notice she was doing something back there. Turns out she was admiring the scenery. The east side of Kootenay Lake is a beautiful ride, after all. All in all, she's at least as good a passenger as the kids are. The most relaxed one, for sure.

She was hanging on to the grab rails, and when we stopped for a while to rest our bums and I said if we should go down, she should let go at the last second so she doesn't smash her fingers, she thought about it for a second and said, "Good point," then climbed right back on. She's a piano player. Priorities, right?

As we were pulling back into our driveway, I got to wondering how many sport bikes there are out there on the lake road with a grandmother and a great-grandmother on them. :D

Grainbelt

Reaction score
Visit site
I took my mom (a grandma) for a spin around the lakes here in SW Minneapolis. She had a bike in the 70s when she was in college. Rode it around in jeans with a sweet gold metalflake helmet. She was a little awkward at first, but loosened up.

They're out there. :thumbup:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
That's great! I've tried to get my mom to ride a few times but she has been terrified of motorcycles ever since she was a little girl and burnt her legs on my granddads chopperView attachment 44632

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's fantastic. I got my 84 year old dad on the back of mine but my mom would love to but can't really get on too easily. Hip replacements and such limit her mobility. My dad loved it. He had a big grin on his face when we returned. Life is good.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats fantastic!
My mom, sister, and nephew are coming out in october....challenge accepted!:thumbup:

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Took my Mom as well when I first got it! 67 yrs young then! She loved it, twice she told me pick up the pace! LOL

Good for you! That is a memory for sure!

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Took my Mom as well when I first got it! 67 yrs young then! She loved it, twice she told me pick up the pace! LOL

:rof::rof::rof::rof:

What an awesome memory for you and your mom(s). Mine is petrified that I ride. My dad on the other hand, wants me to take him for a ride. I have yet to take a passenger along, and would like to "practice" on a younger model first!! :BLAA:

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site

Good for you! That is a memory for sure!

Same age as my mom, and the same attitude. :cheer:

:rof::rof::rof::rof:

What an awesome memory for you and your mom(s). Mine is petrified that I ride. My dad on the other hand, wants me to take him for a ride. I have yet to take a passenger along, and would like to "practice" on a younger model first!! :BLAA:

We have a great time together. :)

You know what? I've been thinking about this, and I believe the older a passenger is, the better behaved he/she will be, just because when we get older we're careful not to behave in ways that might break our bones. Even while on a motorcycle. ;)

Rebuilt

EX Fazer still love em !
Reaction score
Visit site
Taken my mum round the block where i used to live a couple times ... she was very unsure at first but then said we`ll go a bit further next time :thumbup:
Unsure if that was a bravery front or not :rolleyes:

R1Htown

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats awesome I got my mom on my bike once and she loved it after ten years of telling me dont get a bike! lol