Grips grips grips

dimos

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I want to replace my old handlebar (rusted), and so, I've bought a new Renthal Road Ultra low.

==PROBLEM==
The old handlebar ends are also rusted and I can't remove them (I've damaged the bolts from both sides :D ).

Having the problem with the stuck bar-ends, I can't remove the old hand grips and the clutch lever unit.
I don't care about the clutch lever, because I've already bought a new one, and I am considering of buying a new pair of hand grips.

==QUESTIONS==
Q1. Which type of hand-grips are compatible with the Renthal handlebar? Just universal grips?

Q2. Can I fit on my new Renthal handlebar the stock Yamaha hand grips ( including the inner throttle unit)?

Q3. If I get universal ones, do they come with their own inner throttle plastic or should I get it separately?

Also, do the FZ-1 stock hand grips fit on Renthal bars?

Thank you

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
==QUESTIONS==
Q1. Which type of hand-grips are compatible with the Renthal handlebar? Just universal grips?

Universal works. 120-125mm length. Just be sure to get the ones for 7/8" (22mm) bars.

Q2. Can I fit on my new Renthal handlebar the stock Yamaha hand grips ( including the inner throttle unit)?

Yes

Q3. If I get universal ones, do they come with their own inner throttle plastic or should I get it separately?

No. You should reuse the assembly that you have on your stock bar. There has to be a way to remove stock bar ends, but if you're sure it's impossible, cut the bar at the bends and slide controls inward.

Also, do the FZ-1 stock hand grips fit on Renthal bars?

Yes