Gsx-r 1300

nick0331

Reaction score
Visit site
I currently have an 08 FZ6 and went to my local dealer yesterday and was looking around and have been keeping my eye on a 08 Busa they have had there for some time now. I spoke with a salesman and can get a heck of a year end discount on the bike. Has anyone here ever rode a Busa before and any reviews or info would be helpful. I was planning on going to the dealership in the morning to see what they can work out. I like my FZ6 but want a larger sportbike. Still have not made my mind up for sure yet so there is still hope for my FZ.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry, never ridden one. But I'd love too, I think Busa's are sweet. So much power...from what I've read they make pretty decent tourers too, which surprised me a bit. Good luck with your decision man!

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Obviously, you'll have an incredible amount of power.

I've also heard that the power is easy to control and that you can even tour on them.

If you want it bad you should do it!

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
That's not a sportbike...that's a land missle. Good long distance bike depending on your build and good general bike for the street, great bike for the strip but an FZ6 would probably smoke you in the real twisty stuff.

If that's what you want, you can't go wrong...it's not like Suzuki is a "cheap" brand or anything, quite the contrary. Have you considered the ZX14? I like the looks of the big kawi better.

good luck

paul1149

Riding with the King
Reaction score
Visit site
You might check out the pashnit forums. He has one and there are occasional threads on the bike. I found this video there:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e20G96Bmfd0"]YouTube - Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles[/ame]

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yes have ridden the old version and just got a chance to ride the new version the old version was stupid sick and the new is even crazier.... stupid fast in the straights, doesnt corner too bad but like said earlier would much rather have the fz or any smaller rocket in the twisties, wouldnt catch me up there with a busa.... just get ready for your insurance to rocket about as high as the bike is fast....

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a newbie to riding (about a year), but the FZ6 feels like it would have more performance than I can handle even if I had 5x the skills I have now. I've never understood why people want those monster sportbikes like that (unless you're taking it to the track perhaps). You'll never be able to touch that performance in a safe way for 99% of the riding that most people would do.

Sosu2211

Super Furry Animal
Reaction score
Visit site
The Busa is a *lovely, lovely* bike, quite stunning both technically and aesthetically.

But (I know, I know, a 'but'), for me, I can't help thinking that it is just pure and simple overkill and I personally can't see the exact application for the bike. Here's an example;

I was doing a 400 mile trip on my old 2002 GSX-R 600 K1. A quick(ish) bike by any imagination. A very deserted stretch of motorway, very safe, no police, no cameras. I was doing, I'll confess, 'a speed in excess of the national speed limit', but very safe for the conditions and roads - A Busa passed me like I was standing still, literally like I was in 2nd gear!! It struck me, the bike is not really a bike, but an ICBM with fairing...

Thing was, I turned off the motorway onto some uphill twisties, and I found the Busa again... and passed him on the way up! I spoke to the rider when we both stopped later, and he said that he just didn't feel confident to roll the gas on in the curves...

Yes, it is a hugely lustworthy bike for sure, and I'd love one... but for me, I just feel it is a bit of a compromise.

pooty

Reaction score
Visit site
i rode with a guy that had one. dont know of his skills, just met him. i was on the warrior, he got in my way on the twisties, and he knew it and could hear me right behind him. he kept crossing the double solids in the corners so i backed off. but in the straights he was blowing rubber bits all over my face shield. it was wicked fast in the straights. and the warrior has tons of torque. and it will probably be watched alot more closer by your local "thieves" good luck on your decision

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a newbie to riding (about a year), but the FZ6 feels like it would have more performance than I can handle even if I had 5x the skills I have now. I've never understood why people want those monster sportbikes like that (unless you're taking it to the track perhaps). You'll never be able to touch that performance in a safe way for 99% of the riding that most people would do.

I agree with this totally.

Which makes me wonder why we see so many threads about "How can I get more power to the FZ6" "How can I make it go faster" "How fast can you go on your FZ6"

If you wanna "Proper" racing bike go and buy a Busa. To me the FZ6 seems like a small touring motorbike and that is exactly what I was looking for when I bought it.

It is not a racing bike when you look at a lot of the others on the market today.

Steve

nick0331

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, thought I would post insurance quotes for full coverage on an 08' busa for a 27 y/o with a military discount and 0 accidents on my driving record. Geico- around 1200 a year, Allstate- around 2400 a year, Progressive- around 6700 a year. Needless to say I still have my FZ6. The only reasonable insurance rate was for an R6 and I was considering buying it but the dealer was "supposively" going by the trade-in value for my '08 FZ and it was only $4300.00. Yes that is in US dollars. So much of a low ball even with the hefty down payment that I was willing to put down that I told them there was no way I was going to take a loss of that much. I know it took me a wile to post a response but have been busy at work and was just able to go to the dealership today. It looks like the FZ is going to be in my family for some time, but am probably going to be glad that I kept it in the long run. My FZ has given me no problems with 3,000 miles so far. The only reason I wanted to trade it was to get more of a real sport bike for the track.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, thought I would post insurance quotes for full coverage on an 08' busa for a 27 y/o with a military discount and 0 accidents on my driving record. Geico- around 1200 a year, Allstate- around 2400 a year, Progressive- around 6700 a year. Needless to say I still have my FZ6. The only reasonable insurance rate was for an R6 and I was considering buying it but the dealer was \\"supposively\\" going by the trade-in value for my '08 FZ and it was only $4300.00. Yes that is in US dollars. So much of a low ball even with the hefty down payment that I was willing to put down that I told them there was no way I was going to take a loss of that much. I know it took me a wile to post a response but have been busy at work and was just able to go to the dealership today. It looks like the FZ is going to be in my family for some time, but am probably going to be glad that I kept it in the long run. My FZ has given me no problems with 3,000 miles so far. The only reason I wanted to trade it was to get more of a real sport bike for the track.

Real sport bike for the track??? Why the F are you looking at a 'Busa??? That thing is a PIG, Pee, Eye, Gee, PIG!!! Unless of course you mean the strip, then it rocks. ;)

My little FZ has smoked new GSXR 1000s in the twisties, and the Kawi 1400. Oh yeah, wait a minute, they sucked as riders. "Lets see, I'll be a liter sport bike swear to have 2 inch chicken strips for the rest of my life."

It's NOT the bike bro, it's the rider on the twisty track. Strip that is another deal.

Oh, I think the Busa is the most butt ugly motorcyle I've seen in years. I can't stand the graphics, the body work is, is, I don't know what. The GSXR, now that is a nice looking bike. Busa = PUKE!

Sorry been a long day.

wayne 3

Reaction score
Visit site
i have been on a 2005 busa many times. my buddy has one and we switch every once in a while. the only comparison between the busa and the fz6 is that they both have 2 wheels and handlebars. thats about it.

totally different bikes. with totally different designs. if your doing touring stick with the fz. you can tour on the busy but prepare fro a long break in period, not the bike, YOU. it hurts when i ride my buddys, my wrists hurt and my hands fall asleep. and my neck hurts from keeping my head up. and im normal sized guy. 5'11' 180lbs.

but if your just looking for balls out power and wand to do highway wheelies in second gear doing 90 then the busa is right for you. i was riding with my buddy the other day and he hit his all time land speed record of 181. it had more to go too.

if it was me i would just get both. one for an A to B bike and the other too make your butt pucker up

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
yea man if you want a good bike for the track get a liter race bike, NOT the busa. I mean all you have to do is go read the review that one of the sportbike magazines did on the 07 vs 08 'busas that's posted on suzuki's website. In the span of three laps they melted the brake pads to the rotors requiring the bike to undergo a full brake job....in three laps! Its just too porky to hang with the moto gp style bikes on a track. Now if you wanna go amazingly, ridiculously, retardedly fast in a straight line, I couldn't think of a better bike than the hayabusa.

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
You know, I don't mind the Busa's at all. My first impression of them is that they were ugly a$$ bikes, with craptastic graphics. The more I've looked at them, I now think that they are great looking bikes, but still have craptastic graphics. This past weekend while I was at a bike dealer, I saw a Busa without all the fairings. I can't remember what it was being called, but I have to say it looked sweet. Huge, powerful, and a tiny bit frightening, but sweet just the same.

One of my co-workers used to have a Busa. He loved the bike, but admitted that it didn't corer as well as some of the smaller sport bikes. A couple of weeks after he told me this, he wiped out going around a corner too fast, where he couldn't keep it pulled in. He only suffered a broken wrist, but the frame on the bike busted, so it was toast.

As far as bikes like Busa's go, I personally cannot say that I really would have to have one. My 600cc FZ6 has more than enough power for me. This bike can take me up to a hundered and sum-odd miles per hour just fine (which I generally don't like to do anyway). Maybe it's not as fast as other bikes out there, but it works for me.

Oh jeez. I just went off on a tangent didn't I?

:spank:

X

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I currently have an 08 FZ6 and went to my local dealer yesterday and was looking around and have been keeping my eye on a 08 Busa they have had there for some time now. I spoke with a salesman and can get a heck of a year end discount on the bike. Has anyone here ever rode a Busa before and any reviews or info would be helpful. I was planning on going to the dealership in the morning to see what they can work out. I like my FZ6 but want a larger sportbike. Still have not made my mind up for sure yet so there is still hope for my FZ.

Hayabusa is Japanese for Peregrine Falcon the fastest bird on the planet which just happens to like eating Blackbirds. The name came as a dig at Honda who at the time had the fastest bike on the planet in the Blackbird.
The Japanese have come to a gentlemans agreement to limit their bikes to 186 mph although this can easily be gotten around taking it upto 200+.
A lot of people in the UK refer to Busas as the sofa with regards to the seat.
It also has a tendency to wallow a bit.
First thing to think about is what you want the bike for; if it's high speed mile munching touring then busas are great. If it's sheer gut wrenching adrenalin is brown performance that you want then bikes like the GSXR 750 or 1000 will do that for you.
Just remember with any Suzuki that you really have to keep on top of the cleaning and polishing because Suzukis are renowned for poor finish and can rot away in no time.
Hope this helps.:thumbup:

PlasticPig

Reaction score
Visit site
Real sport bike for the track??? Why the F are you looking at a 'Busa??? That thing is a PIG, Pee, Eye, Gee, PIG!!! Unless of course you mean the strip, then it rocks. ;)

My little FZ has smoked new GSXR 1000s in the twisties, and the Kawi 1400. Oh yeah, wait a minute, they sucked as riders. \"Lets see, I'll be a liter sport bike swear to have 2 inch chicken strips for the rest of my life.\"

It's NOT the bike bro, it's the rider on the twisty track. Strip that is another deal.

Oh, I think the Busa is the most butt ugly motorcyle I've seen in years. I can't stand the graphics, the body work is, is, I don't know what. The GSXR, now that is a nice looking bike. Busa = PUKE!

Sorry been a long day.

Can we take it that you don't care for the Hyabusa then? Wish you would make yourself clear...:D

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
Hayabusa is Japanese for Peregrine Falcon the fastest bird on the planet

Actually the fastest bird on the planet is the spine tailed swift, also known as the white-throated needletail. It is capable of 105mph level flight. :eek:

The Busa is a porker, it is not nimble by any means, it's a drag bike. I hate the headlight, otherwise it looks good, it's insanely powerful, and insanely fast in a straight line. If that's your thing then this is the bike for you. I'd love to have one if it were free and insurance was 10x less than it is.

a_sick1

2004 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
I liked the old 'busa that would do 200 MPH+... I HATE the new one, they took a sport bike and turned it into a tourer. It would be great in a straight line. Have you seen the new rear end on it? Can you say HAYAPUKESA. :spank:

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually the fastest bird on the planet is the spine tailed swift, also known as the white-throated needletail. It is capable of 105mph level flight. :eek:

The Busa is a porker, it is not nimble by any means, it's a drag bike. I hate the headlight, otherwise it looks good, it's insanely powerful, and insanely fast in a straight line. If that's your thing then this is the bike for you. I'd love to have one if it were free and insurance was 10x less than it is.

Actually the Peregrine Falcon can hit 200mph+ in a dive doubling the speed of your spine tailed swift....