GSXR Mirror install

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,
been a while since I've done some modding on my bike. But finally I got to work and this is the result :)

20150920_151035.jpg

20150920_155008.jpg

20150920_155012.jpg

20150920_155425.jpg

For those interested - it is a fairly easy mod to do. The most important thing is this

20150920_144655.jpg
Home made adapter to fit the mounting holes. I went with the front mounting hole same as in FZ6 mirrors, the middle hole is a new screw acting as the second FZ6 mirror mounting screw while the third hole holds the GSXR mirror to the adapter. Something like this

20150920_144721.jpg

20150920_144708.jpg

Mounting is fairly easy. I used some extra washers and nuts to slightly align the mounting a bit upward. The results... Did not had the chance to test ride it but when sitting on the bike I see edges of my rear case and a little bit of bar ends. In comparision - stock mirrors show my elbows. So the new ones are lower and wider.

Now I need to do something with the holes from stock turn signals. Been thinking of buying flush mount turn signals but replacing LEDs there with white ones to make extra position lights - here in Poland we cannot have yellow pod lights like You guys in The USA.

Whole work took me like 3 hours with about 70% time for making these little metal adapter plates by hand. The rest was resoldering the turn signal connectors and that's all folks :)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice mod, I think it looks really cool, great with th intergrated indicators :thumbup:

whats the visability in the mirrors like? Don't your elbows get in the way.

Thanks for sharing:thumbup:

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
Visibility is very good. I see my elbows only when I adjust the mirrors inside max. But adjust them slightly outside and elbows are not a problem. So is up/down - now I have the mirrors set womewhere in the middle. Comparing to fz6 mirrors I feel like I do see more.

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
A little update.
What I like :
The looks
The improved visibility
Better folding angle

What I don't like
Wider mirrors mean problems with filtering and so on
Shaking a bit but I guess it is just because I have some cheap ones.
Need to do something with the original turn holes.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Me likey! Are they official Suzuki ones or third party? I'd love to do something like this, but don't want something that will vibe more than the stock Yamaha ones. If yours are third party and have plastic stalks and the Suzuki ones have metal stalks then they should absorb the vibes better than yours! :)

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Me likey! Are they official Suzuki ones or third party? I'd love to do something like this, but don't want something that will vibe more than the stock Yamaha ones. If yours are third party and have plastic stalks and the Suzuki ones have metal stalks then they should absorb the vibes better than yours! :)

I prefer Suz's OEM.
I had an after market and they vibrate like hell.
time to join GSXR750 forum..! ;)

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
I went for the cheapest ones to make a prototype. During winter I will probably get OEM ones and sell these for some $.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've always like those mirrors. Better directional signal visibility. Wonder if they'll fit the SV any easier...They look great!