H4 H7 hid compatibility...??

sackofnoise

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, i have looked around the threads concerning the H4 and H7 hid projectors and i didn't find any answers concerning this one:
2 X Mini Projector Lens KIT With Double Angel Eyes Xenon HID H4 H7 Green | eBay

those seems to come with h4 and h7 brackets so i was wondering if i could only get one kit (and not one h4 and one h7 kit) as i understand, the h7 is only the high beam, but is it possible to fit a h4 in a h7 socket and just put it back there? (without dremeling and cutting my headlights...?)

thanks you very much! (and sorry if my questions isn't.... :confused: clear )

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to our great forum!

H7 and H4 would denote a single or dual filament lamp respectively.

The kit you've linked to has projectors so you will need to pull the headlamp housing out of the fairing and put the assembly in the oven to part the front lens from the headlamp assembly. I would think you want the H4 type HID replacement so that you have a lo and hi beam capability. The H7 would only be one mode depending on whether it is aimed hi or lo

sackofnoise

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you, you just confirmed i had almost everything figured out, but as far as the bulb... do you think i could only get 2 h4 bulb, and use the h7 socket With the h4 bulb....? or is it too big... :S
Replacing Left H7 bulb with H4 Dual Filament Bulb - Sportbikes.net

This thread seems to say you only have to cut the socket to h7 specs... (the ebay kit comes with h4 and h7 socket so i guess this part seems okay...?)

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you, you just confirmed i had almost everything figured out, but as far as the bulb... do you think i could only get 2 h4 bulb, and use the h7 socket With the h4 bulb....? or is it too big... :S
Replacing Left H7 bulb with H4 Dual Filament Bulb - Sportbikes.net

This thread seems to say you only have to cut the socket to h7 specs... (the ebay kit comes with h4 and h7 socket so i guess this part seems okay...?)

The kit showing in the link shows a projector lens. Does the H4 and H7 both come ad a hi and lo beam? I think you're talking about the HID replacement lamp and that's not what the picture is showing. For the projectors you must pull out and part the headlamp assembly. Not the simplest job.

Sent from Moto's Motorola

sackofnoise

Reaction score
Visit site

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/16914-bonemans-bi-xenon-hid-projector-mod-progress.html

This is what i am thinking of doing... remove the lenses, put the projectors, and then put the headlights in from the back...? (and sorry for the link, it was the only one showing clearly the h4/h7 "sockets") but many of the ebay ones today says they are h4 and h7 compatible....

Okay now I know that you are in fact doing the projector install. My next question is does the H7 and H4 assembly both have the plunger for hi and lo beam? My thinking is that you want both lamps to be able to go hi and lo beam. If the H7 assembly does not do this but the H4 assembly does then do both H4's...:)

sackofnoise

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok thanks, i'll ask the seller before buying :) i think they both have the plunger so you can fit h4 and h7 (just have to get 2 h4 to have high and low beam i guess (there's another howto on the website) i think i'll be good from there!

thanks a lot! :D

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
My friend just did this ill ask him or search my posts where I linked to the kit recently.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Just go with two H4s - you can just splice the high beam wire to run to both fittings if need be, an H7 (to oversimplify things) is just an H4 connection that is missing the high beam lead. You'll plug your H4 into their connection (if it's anything like the wiring harness I have for my Morimoto D2S projector) and it's simply used to control on/off/high/low type things - all of the power for the ballast, bulb and shutter come from fused relays/directly from the battery terminals.

sackofnoise

Reaction score
Visit site
Great thank you :) (and well... in fact i don't have the bike yet haha gonna get it in about 10 days) but i was looking to do the dual headlight mod and since i was gonna tinkle on it, i though i might as well do it all (projectors, angel eyes and demon eyes :D )

Kingwu

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to our great forum!

H7 and H4 would denote a single or dual filament lamp respectively.

The kit you've linked to has projectors so you will need to pull the headlamp housing out of the fairing and put the assembly in the oven to part the front lens from the headlamp assembly. I would think you want the H4 type HID replacement so that you have a lo and hi beam capability. The H7 would only be one mode depending on whether it is aimed hi or lo

I plan on getting this after installing BD's headlight mod.

Yamaha FZ6 2004 2007 HID 6000K Conversion Kit H4 H7 | eBay

In what you said above, does that mean it won't switch from low to high if I wanted it to?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I plan on getting this after installing BD's headlight mod.

Yamaha FZ6 2004 2007 HID 6000K Conversion Kit H4 H7 | eBay

In what you said above, does that mean it won't switch from low to high if I wanted it to?

If what they refer to as the H7 has a Hi and Lo beam plunger the H7 should be okay. H7 refers to a single filament incandescent lamp that would be used in a reflector as a Hi or a Lo beam depending on the aiming and reflector design.

The H7 refers to an incandescent lamp with dual filaments. One filament is used as a lo beam and the other is used as a Hi beam. When the Hi beam is on the Lo beam must be switched off so that the lamp does not fail.

The problem with our language today has a lot to do with marketing and not a lot to do with science or true description.

It could be that they are referring to the H7 as the type of socket or the type of single operation lamp.

This is something you must establish with the seller.

Google H4 HID and then Google H7 HID. I think you'll agree the H4 application is more specific as a Hi and Lo beam function where the H7 is not.

Hope this helps