Handlebar replacement

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
I like my fz6 but the bars are lower than I would like. I suppose I could get used to this but part of a bike is making it yours and not getting "used" to it.
I know they are 7/8th bars but what is the rise of the stock bars? Look to be about 2 inches or so?
What are the measurements for the stock bar? I dont mind the bar measurements other than I would like it a bit taller, then I can pull it back for a more comfortable position.

Last edited:

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They make risers and setback risers. I got a set of SW-Motech setback risers, but before I did, I bought a set off eBay for less, to make sure I liked the position. I did. I've got the ones i like now, so I'm about to sell the trial ones if you're interested I'm expecting $30 or so. I'll post a pic up soon.

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
that is an option. I would still like to get the measurements if anyone has them, just to weigh my options.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When I bought my FZ6 used it had raisers on the handlebars. I rode it that way for about 6 months but never liked the riding position I was in. Took them off and rode with the stock bars for another 6 months but found that I was experiencing wrist pain and numb fingers. After reading multiple posts on the forum I did the FZ1 bar swap and couldn't be happier. :rockon:

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
What heights and pull backs on the bars? Literally any 7/8th bars would fit so if you all could tell me your dimensions, that would be great.

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
They make risers and setback risers. I got a set of SW-Motech setback risers, but before I did, I bought a set off eBay for less, to make sure I liked the position. I did. I've got the ones i like now, so I'm about to sell the trial ones if you're interested I'm expecting $30 or so. I'll post a pic up soon.

+1 on the SW-Motech setback risers, but this sounds like a good deal to get you started.:thumbup:

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
When I bought my FZ6 used it had raisers on the handlebars. I rode it that way for about 6 months but never liked the riding position I was in. Took them off and rode with the stock bars for another 6 months but found that I was experiencing wrist pain and numb fingers. After reading multiple posts on the forum I did the FZ1 bar swap and couldn't be happier. :rockon:

I am somewhat where you were, I bought a used bike with raisers, rode like that last year and I felt I was sitting kind of odd so will be removing them for this season and than possible a fz1 handlebar swap over next winter :cheer:

D

Dave.TX

I ended up getting Renthal Road Medium bars. They're slightly wider, don't have as much pull back and are taller than the stock bars and with their rise are about half the price of risers. They are pretty comfortable, got rid of the pain and numbness I was also experiencing with the stock bars. If you're more for the comfort and touring then I'd suggest those bars.

The Rizoma bars are different dimension wise but still very nice, top quality bars.

D

Dave.TX

Last week I had Renthal Road Medium bars on my bike and liked them. Also put HVMP end weights on.

2012-02-07_13-24-39_32.jpg

Then I went and got the Rizoma bars and like them even better. Yes, they're anodized red. When not installed they're very red but after putting everything back on you don't see too much of them. I like them as they compliment the reflective red stripes on the black wheels.

2012-03-23_14-04-40_305.jpg

Be known I'm 6'4" with a 36 inseam. The bike is pretty small for me. I have two herniated discs in my lower back. After riding about 300+ miles with the Rizoma bars I don't have any added issues or pains. In fact with the HVMP end weights there is very little noticeable vibration, less than with the Renthal bars. I'm very happy with these and will never go back to stock. Not using risers either.

The Renthal's cost about $55 from Motorcycle Superstore. The Rizoma's I picked up locally (for me) from Motovation in Austin, TX, for $75. Both are very good quality bars.

Last edited by a moderator: