Headin to the Strip.. Any Suggestions?

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
Rock Fall Raceway (WI) has a bike only day coming up on Sept 15th

I'm taking my completely stock fz6
Any suggestions to prep for the strip? I was thinking about gearing down 1 tooth on the front sprocket.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Go get experience no need to do anything crazy learn the system so you can come back and do a bit more each time

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
After a couple runs and determining the level of traction or lack there of, you might drop a few PSI to increase bite if you spin up off the line. However, I'd rather spin up and loose time than land on my @ss cause it hooked up solid. Cover the clutch if it hooks!!!

Its all just a balancing act as you can transfer your weight to get bite but that bite could land you on your lid too! Also, consider the amount of fuel on board as mine when empty comes up a bit easier.

Last thoughts are on power. Peak power output is not redline and if you drop a tooth you may get better times shifting @13k than 14K but going through the traps at 14K would be better than shifting into 4th.

Good Luck!

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Clutch controll, clutch controll, clutch controll. Any knuckle head can successfully bang through the gears, your bread and butter is take off. You are asking for trouble if you dump it, I tried that once as a noobie and it didnt work out all that well. Lol lets just say I walked away funny.

You can practice in a parking lot or even at a stop light, there will be no need to speed. It's all about practice.

Lower tire PSI equals more surface on the Tarmac. You will get a feel for it. Crawl, walk, run.

Saw an r1 run mid to high tens yesterday.

One more thing, your really going to have to do alot to burn up a wet clutch. Just throwing that out there lol.

Last edited:

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys.

I'll probably get out on that back roads and practice launching before I go.

I did order -1 tooth front sprocket. I always wanted to tooth down 1 in front anyway.

lkea

Reaction score
Visit site
Also try to prep your brakes and tires, make sure its still road and strip worthy, have a complete tune up, check for any leaks. Lastly if you don't have any sliders this is the right time to install one.