Headlight Bulbs for the fz6??

I know there is a thread on the forum already answering this question, coz I asked it over a year ago!

One simple way to find your answer would be to look for the name on the bulb itself! :D If you are going to mod the lights, consider getting HID bulbs. they cost alot more but the light they give out is in no way possible to compare to halogen bulbs!

I have the H-4,7 in the metal blue, the bulbs light up the road like crazy. You also can adjust the headlight hight. So you can make the beams go short distance or adjust them way out there. I did the dual headlight mod and with the H4,7 in the blue light up the street like it's day time.

I have an H7 Silverstar Ultra for the lowbeam, and I plan on getting an H4 SS Ultra for the high beam side.

I'm looking to brighten up my lights but don't really want to go the HID route. Is the Silverstar Ultra about the brightest bulb that "screws" into the stock setup? I seem to remember some articles about certain "blue"lights have a very short life span. Anybody else heard that?

I bought the H4 H7 Silverstar about a month after I bought my bike. They work well. I've had people comment that they can really see me coming.

I'm looking to brighten up my lights but don't really want to go the HID route. Is the Silverstar Ultra about the brightest bulb that "screws" into the stock setup? I seem to remember some articles about certain "blue"lights have a very short life span. Anybody else heard that?

If you talk to the bulb manufacturers then they will tell you that you should change your headlights as part of regular maintenance (1 time per year regardless of if they are burnt out or not), I think that is BS. Silverstars are in fact the brightest plug in type of lights, Enjoy!

If you talk to the bulb manufacturers then they will tell you that you should change your headlights as part of regular maintenance (1 time per year regardless of if they are burnt out or not), I think that is BS. Silverstars are in fact the brightest plug in type of lights, Enjoy!

reiobard, I see you have the dual headlight mod. Is there any issue with putting the H4 Silverstar in with the light mod? I know the reflector for the high beam seems to point the low beam of the dual lights up fairly high. I wouldn't want to put anybody's eye out!

I just put in the Silverstar H4 Ultra and the Silverstar Cool Blue H7. Haven't taken it out for a spin yet but I hear good things about it being clearer. In regards to the Cool Blue, there isn't anything "blue" about it that I can tell. I was hoping for a little blue tint, but oh well. Anyone know anything about the Cool Blue? Better than stock? Also, how about riding in traffic at night with the H4 Ultra? Too bright? I guess what I mean is do you flick it off when cagers are around or do you keep it on? I want to be safe but I also don't want to blind anyone. :rolleyes: I always keep the bright on during the day, just wonder about nighttime as I don't usually do a whole lot of riding then.

I have Sylvania Cool Blue bulbs installed in my Tahoe for the low beam. They don't seem very blue when compared with Silverstars or any of the 4300K bulbs. However, the Cool Blue bulbs do have a very slight blue tint when compared with a standard halogen bulb.

Back