headlight mod and heated vest

zixxerboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody running an electric vest with the BD43 headlight mod?

Sounds like you end up about 25watts short of having enough juice to run these both at the same time.

Just added the second low beam and now I fear I need to add a switch in the line to turn it off when I want to plug in my vest.

Anyone actually had experience with these two running at once?

Anybody running an electric vest with the BD43 headlight mod?

Sounds like you end up about 25watts short of having enough juice to run these both at the same time.

Just added the second low beam and now I fear I need to add a switch in the line to turn it off when I want to plug in my vest.

Anyone actually had experience with these two running at once?

I've run my Widder vest and gloves on my KLR 250 (much lower extra wattage than the FZ). Just turn the vest off when stopped or at slow speeds, crank it up when under way(over 5k RPM), should be good to go.

I have. Haven't noticed any real dfference in the charging. I do however when I get close to home I turn off my jacket and turn the high beam off. If I'm at a stop light, I just hold the bike without the brake unless I'm starting off at a incline. I have done this for two years and I'm still on the stock battery.

Doc

I have. Haven't noticed any real dfference in the charging. I do however when I get close to home I turn off my jacket and turn the high beam off. If I'm at a stop light, I just hold the bike without the brake unless I'm starting off at a incline. I have done this for two years and I'm still on the stock battery.

Doc

Good point (as the stock brake light runs 21W) even though BD43's mod adds another 55W.

I've just ordered a 12v relay so I can cut the front light when the heated grips are on, just to be on the safe side.

Back