Headlights question

nando

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

Sorry if this is an easy lookup in the manual but I'm at work and I dont' have it, and I don't want to wait until I get home as I may be riding home in the dark and need to resolve this headlight issue beforehand.

So my lights (hi/lo) appear to have stopped working as of this morning. I pulled the low beam and the filament seemed intact. Didn't have time to check the hi.

The question I have is do the hi/lo beams affect each other when one is not working?

Thanks

So you have no lights at all then? Nothing happens when you turn the ignition on/start the bike, and still no lights when you flip the high beam switch?

Hi all,

Sorry if this is an easy lookup in the manual but I'm at work and I dont' have it, and I don't want to wait until I get home as I may be riding home in the dark and need to resolve this headlight issue beforehand.

So my lights (hi/lo) appear to have stopped working as of this morning. I pulled the low beam and the filament seemed intact. Didn't have time to check the hi.

The question I have is do the hi/lo beams affect each other when one is not working?

Thanks

Look at the fuses.... I think it's 'common' for both head lamps.

Mancolt...That is correct.

RJ2112...will check that out.

Thanks!

UPDATE - it was the fuse indeed!...man, i'm so out of it that i couldn't even think of something that simple...special thanks again to RJ2112!

Last edited:
Mancolt...That is correct.

RJ2112...will check that out.

Thanks!

UPDATE - it was the fuse indeed!...man, i'm so out of it that i couldn't even think of something that simple...special thanks again to RJ2112!

Now you have to figure out what made the fuse blow...... could be the bulbs are getting near the end of their lives. Could be you have a frayed wire somewhere. If you pop a second fuse, that's a really, really good reason to take a very close look at all the wiring involved.

Back