HealTech SpeedoHealer v4 install

jaffabaffa

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys!

I recently bought a HealTech SpeedoHealer v4 that I'm planning to install in the near future.

1675867213357.png

Because I use my FZ6 as my main means of transportation to commute to and from work every day, I would like to complete the installation process in one go, and not stubble upon any unexpected problems or hick-ups.

Therefore, I was wondering if anyone could perhaps provide me with some useful "tips and tricks", or maybe even provide a full-fledged work instruction...

What do I need to pay attention to, and what do I need to look out for? Any specific things that I need to aware of?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Dennis

Attachments

• 1675867120602.png
    1675867120602.png
    147.1 KB · Views: 2

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have a manual in PDF you could share? I imagine you have to tap into the speed sensor and at least a 12 volt key'd source.
In general if your running a wire to power a device be sure you have an inline fuse close to where you tap into the 12 volt source. The negative wire can go to the negative battery terminal or a frame/engine ground. Treat any plugs with an inspection of the pins.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There's no tapping into the harness, it is literally plug and play..
Also, there should be a wiring kit for your specific bike.

As I re-call there really wasn't any hiccups with the install. (It's been 12-15 years since I installed mine).

If you have a GPS, that's very helpful in adjusting the unit.
Mine is within .2 MPH .

Also, it has the ability to save your highest speed internally until you plug in a button(was included) and push it to erase the speed...

I have mine installed under the seat , in the corner, attached to the plastic inner fender.. Haven't touched it since I installed it...

jaffabaffa

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

Thanks for all your comments.

I have since successfully installed the SpeedoHealer.

I must say that the instructions that come with the SpeedoHealer are actually very clear and straight forward.

The only difficulty that an unexperienced person might encounter while installing a SpeedoHealer, is locating the speed sensor coupler connector plug.

The speed sensor connector — among some other connectors — is located within the rubber sleeve that you'll find once you lift the tank (see picture below)

1677502182715.png

The speed sensor plug looks like this (see picture below). You can easily take the connector apart using a small flat-head screwdriver (no pliers needed).

1677502717339.png

Once you connect the SpeedoHealer's wiring harness, it looks like this (see picture below).

1677502977821.png

You can easily route the wire towards the back of the bike (see pictures below).

1677503116619.png

1677503152582.png

1677503225799.png

I hope that this information might help anyone that's looking to install a SpeadoHealer in the future.

T-Broke

Reaction score
Visit site
Are your speedometers off with stock tires and sprockets, or are you changing up those numbers? My bike, stock tires and sprockets, is decently far off. I want to say GPS says 80 and speedo says 90ish.

jaffabaffa

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Are your speedometers off with stock tires and sprockets, or are you changing up those numbers? My bike, stock tires and sprockets, is decently far off. I want to say GPS says 80 and speedo says 90ish.
The speedometer is indeed already quite far of in stock form. If you shorten the gearing ratio, the difference becomes even bigger. I would definitely recommend a SpeedoHealer, even if your gearing is still original. Your odometer won't count the miles/kilometers as quickly, and your speedometer is always dead on. Furthermore, the "top speed button" adds a nice features when you stand around your bike talking with friends haha.

T-Broke

Reaction score
Visit site
I will probably order one. It's easier than doing the math in my head while on a ride. And yes, clocking the correct mileage is also a plus.