Hello all - new member from London

photoandrew

Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking that's the latest time to introduce myself, after I have been reading this forum for a quite a few weeks now. :thumbup:

So... Hi, I am Andrew and form the end of Feb 2008 I am the lucky owner of 2004 Blue FZ6 Fazer...
I was told that this one was one of the first fz6 in the UK, with the first owner beeing a collectioner rather than a rider (1500 miles in 3 years...hehehe...)

Anyway, I live in London and I use it for everyday 23 miles round trip to work (literally hate tube! :mad: ).
And weekends... well that's when I am really enjoying it the most!
First Saturday I did around 150 miles, followed by 170 miles trip during the second Sat :) Love the handling, the look, power and the ease of use. Hate the seat though... Luckily my girlfriedn loves the bike as well and we got her all the gear last weekend.

The only problem, or rather worry is the mpg I am getting. I don't know if that's due to the riding style, loads of urban roads or bike beeing due to 6k service - I am getting around 40mpg or so..well no more than 45mpg...without pushing the bike a lot.

Anyway, It meant to be a quick introduction... :)

Many thanks,

Andrew

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking that's the latest time to introduce myself, after I have been reading this forum for a quite a few weeks now. :thumbup:

So... Hi, I am Andrew and form the end of Feb 2008 I am the lucky owner of 2004 Blue FZ6 Fazer...
I was told that this one was one of the first fz6 in the UK, with the first owner beeing a collectioner rather than a rider (1500 miles in 3 years...hehehe...)

Anyway, I live in London and I use it for everyday 23 miles round trip to work (literally hate tube! :mad: ).
And weekends... well that's when I am really enjoying it the most!
First Saturday I did around 150 miles, followed by 170 miles trip during the second Sat :) Love the handling, the look, power and the ease of use. Hate the seat though... Luckily my girlfriedn loves the bike as well and we got her all the gear last weekend.

The only problem, or rather worry is the mpg I am getting. I don't know if that's due to the riding style, loads of urban roads or bike beeing due to 6k service - I am getting around 40mpg or so..well no more than 45mpg...without pushing the bike a lot.

Anyway, It meant to be a quick introduction... :)

Many thanks,

Andrew
Welcome mate,
ditch your bird and MPG will rise to 50mpg lol.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the board old boy! 2004 with just over 1,000 miles - wow, congratulations on your new bike!

BTW are you photo or rew?
:p

H

HavBlue

Depending on your ride conditions and style I'll buy anything between 40 and 50mpg . Welcome..

Charlie

photoandrew

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome.

Take it easy with the g/f on the back.

Hi,

Yep, I am taking it easy with the g/f at the back... and even riding alone for now. So far we did only one "induction" ride so I could see how it is to carry a pilion, and for her to start getting used to the bike.

I will be joining Advanced Motorcycling (ELAM group) group in a few weeks to get into good habbits from the beginning (as I got my licence on the 2nd of Jan this year, after riding 125 for a year) :)

Thanks!

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Welcome! I'm in London also. Maybe we can arrange a rideout with the girlies one weekend. Send me a PM if you're interested.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Andrew and welcome.

My girlfriend rides on the back of my 2006 FZ6 all the time without any problems at all. I don`t even know she is there.

If you need any advice about riding 2 up or touring just PM me and I will tell you what I have actually experienced. The bike is great for both two up riding and touring so don`t let anyone else kid you otherwise.

Steve

outkast

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello im also quiet new on here,ive got a 56 plate with 12600 mls .I hv alogcommute ad ride when i can.