Helmet Mounted Brake Light

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Link below to Consumer Reports article on the Whistler helmet mounted brake light. Looks pretty cool, and as they say in the article, anything that makes us more visable is a good thing:

Consumer Reports Helmet Brake Light

Whistler-WHL-80-motorcycle-helmet-brake-light-on_zpsc1c1eedf.jpg

Last edited:

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
i imagine that lights constantly flashing in the eyes of a passenger when 2 up would be annoying! as well as not sure how well it would be seen on a shorter member on something like a wing and the big trunk with many lights allready. could be handy to hit the 4 ways in the dark and be able to see the rider better when having an issue!

also does not say how long it lasts or how long to charge!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
My wife's helmet is a G-max with the lights on the back. There's 3 modes: constant on, slow blink, and fast blink (and off). I ended up disconnecting it and removing the two AA batteries since I thought it might be a source of target fixation for drivers behind us.
I've got a topcase with upgraded super bright LED brake lights, and a custom LED brake light, and a LED bar on my license plate - all connected to a superbrightleds brake light modulator.

Manny Baxter

Reaction score
Visit site
In general it should work like a high mounted third brake light on cars and trucks.

In automotive industry 3rd brake light is mandatory since 1986, because many road tests have proven that it improves the driving safety and helps to prevent accidents.

Thanks to wireless technologies we finally got something similar in the two-wheel world. I personally think that there's going to be the same story with this device and sooner or later we all will have these lights built-in to a helmet.
So I ordered one here:
http://www.carid.com/whistler-led-lights/whistler-helmet-safety-light-25519507.html

Do you guys think that such helmet lights would become mandatory for motorcycles in the future, like the third brake lights on cars?

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
tbh I think there's a danger of being mistaken for a cyclist, so I'd be a bit wary of something like this

I've also seen cyclists with helmet mounted lights, and it's more confusing than anything, especially when it's dark

2007Z6ALL-LED

Reaction score
Visit site
$99.99 - wow home depot carried it too..I gotta see someone use it and how bright it is before getting one to replace the Ebay Helmet LED signal one!

Here what I'm using ...in ebay look for Helmet LED signals..$15.xx incl.shipped! It uses 2 trippleA battery and I ride 50hrs/month to replace battery, so 2 AAA batteries every roughly 50hr

Last edited: