Hey all you all you South Aussie FZ6 riders, who's interested in getting together for a ride?

:D:D:DMight even get a pre-ride ride in if I get up earlier. Helps me wake up...lol.:rockon: Probably need a new rear shortly after this weekend:eek:...lol.:spank:
Cheers
Mike

Mate, you have a lovely rear........lol!:spank:

But seriously, my rear tyre is totally stuffed after the weekend, and Yammie World reckon they wont have one in before the weekend.....looks like i might have to go to GC who have bulk tyres in stock......and the tyres i want, and they dont charge for fitting....

;)

Am just about to jump on my bike, ad go get a Michelin Pilot Power 2ct fitted to my rear...i mean my bike's rear (plenty tread left on my fat butt!), watch out boys, will have it scrubbed in by the weekend, will be back on it on Sunday! :sinister:

Update re Sunday....Matt (MT-01), Gary (Z1000), Leo (Busa), Alex (Ducati 996), Mike (Ozzieboy), Me.....confirmed.

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

New start time for this sunday's ride....9.30am at McDonalds at Darlington, 9am if you want to eat brekkie at Macca's.

Fill your tank before arrival!

:rockon:

I'm thinking I'm going to have to de-confirm:(...lol....I pretty much destroyed my rear (tire) today:eek:. Reckon there's just enough to get me through 'til I can get a replacement. Not even going to bother matching up to the front. Dunlop Roadsmart 3ct's have short life spans. Did have a great ride today though:rockon::D. I'll have another look later and see but I'm pretty sure it's toast.
Cheers
Mike

I'm thinking I'm going to have to de-confirm:(...lol....I pretty much destroyed my rear (tire) today:eek:. Reckon there's just enough to get me through 'til I can get a replacement. Not even going to bother matching up to the front. Dunlop Roadsmart 3ct's have short life spans. Did have a great ride today though:rockon::D. I'll have another look later and see but I'm pretty sure it's toast.
Cheers
Mike

:eek: what the? :spank:

Yup. It's toast:(. It's not my fault dude:rolleyes:...lol....Well, ok it is my fault but it's not my fault it only lasted such a short time:spank:. I should have been able to predict this would happen from the drop in top end. Slow due to friction. Friction = wear:spank:.

Don't get me wrong. Performance wise they were great but I expected more life from a 3ct.

Any how....woohoo! New tire next weekend...lol.:D:spank::rockon:
Cheers
Mike

Yup. It's toast:(. It's not my fault dude:rolleyes:...lol....Well, ok it is my fault but it's not my fault it only lasted such a short time:spank:. I should have been able to predict this would happen from the drop in top end. Slow due to friction. Friction = wear:spank:.

Don't get me wrong. Performance wise they were great but I expected more life from a 3ct.

Any how....woohoo! New tire next weekend...lol.:D:spank::rockon:
Cheers

Mike

Can't say I am not dissapointed,but if your tyre is screwed then tomorrows ride definitely is a no go, just worked it out we will be pushing 400km's tomorrow on some very tricky back roads,including both the d & p roads!would not want embark on that ride with drilled hoops!last weekends ride with my stuffed rear tyre was hard work to say the least!

Can't say I am not dissapointed,but if your tyre is screwed then tomorrows ride definitely is a no go, just worked it out we will be pushing 400km's tomorrow on some very tricky back roads,including both the d & p roads!would not want embark on that ride with drilled hoops!last weekends ride with my stuffed rear tyre was hard work to say the least!

Yup. Definitely playing the safety first game on this one:thumbup:......There'll be other rides, but Gary with new suspension:eek:, a busa:eek:, your bike right to rock:eek: and Matt's bike all ready to rock:eek:.....what a ride to miss out on....lol....DOH!:spank::spank::spank:

It's all good....have a safe one. Although i might catch up for brekky:thumbup:.
Cheers
Mike

Yup. Definitely playing the safety first game on this one:thumbup:......There'll be other rides, but Gary with new suspension:eek:, a busa:eek:, your bike right to rock:eek: and Matt's bike all ready to rock:eek:.....what a ride to miss out on....lol....DOH!:spank::spank::spank:

It's all good....have a safe one. Although i might catch up for brekky:thumbup:.
Cheers
Mike

Sounds great.hopefully we will see u at macca's

Ok, well yesterday did not go quite as planned...as it turned out, we got on the go all well and good, but just as we got to Delamere, it started to rain quite steadily, so we stopped. :spank:

Leo on his Hayabusa, had never ridden it in the rain before, Me with new rubber, and everyone elses reluctance to ride Delamere in the rain....made us to comne to the conclusion that it would be best to turn around and go home! :eek:

So our mega reide came to a halt, except for the 80km ride back home.

Our mega ride had become a 160km commute to nowhere! But in all fairness, we still had fun riding through Myponga, Yankallila, Normanville, Second Valley, etc. Nice scenery, and some great corners.

We all went back to Gary's and had a Beer, or 8 in Gary's case (home ground advantage), cooked the meat left over from Saturday's bike detailing barbeque, and laughed at Gary as he yabbered on more and more, the more he drank......before riding home.

So it wasnt the day we expected, but we still had fun, and Ozzieboy, who bailed due to Tyre drama's, can come along afterall, hopefully. Would be nice to see a couple other Fizzers there too...

The full ride is being tentatively pencilled in for Sunday November 30...as we cant reschedule this weekend, as we have the SA Road Racing Championships to attend on the Sunday. :thumbup::rockon:

Got some stuff to do Friday so I've taken the day off:cheer:. Should be right to rock with a new tire by then and scrub in Friday:thumbup: some time so good to go for Sunday and should be OK for rescheduled ride:rockon::D.
Cheers
Mike

Got some stuff to do Friday so I've taken the day off:cheer:. Should be right to rock with a new tire by then and scrub in Friday:thumbup: some time so good to go for Sunday and should be OK for rescheduled ride:rockon::D.
Cheers
Mike

If your looking for company on your ride on Friday. let me know......:D

Ozzieboy (Mike) are we still up for a ride in the morning...teachers are striking today, so i will have aidin with me, for the ride....:D, also it Looks like it is just Ozzie boy, Matt(MT01) , and myself going to SA road racing champs on Sunday....but if anyone is interested in another ride, i am going out on Monday at 1pm, with a couple of guys from work for a ride to Strath and back....anyone that wants to come, please feel free to join us...it's a brand new ZX14, an original 70's vintage z900, and me, going on the ride.

:D

Had a quick blat up and down my favourite hill this arvo and tire's scrubbed in well and truly now...All set:cheer::thumbup:.
Cheers
Mike

Back