Hey all you all you South Aussie FZ6 riders, who's interested in getting together for a ride?

First of all congrats Mike, you just posted the 400th post in what has become a mgea-thread! Good work SA boys....just goes to show what an active little scene we have developed in SA through this great website!

Secondly, i have decided that i need a night away from this fantastic liitle town we live in...anyone interested in an overnighter ride...to say somewhere like Robe...or Mount Gambier, am happy to work around other people's work schedule's...

Anyone interested?

First of all congrats Mike, you just posted the 400th post in what has become a mgea-thread! Good work SA boys....just goes to show what an active little scene we have developed in SA through this great website!

Secondly, i have decided that i need a night away from this fantastic liitle town we live in...anyone interested in an overnighter ride...to say somewhere like Robe...or Mount Gambier, am happy to work around other people's work schedule's...

Anyone interested?

Obviously no-one is interested!

Oh well, i know we have the Tractor pull thing on Saturday, which will be great, but on Sunday, i am going riding, lots of K's, so far 2 of my main partners in crime, Matt & Gary are in..we are doing a big loop, Adelaide to Victor via Delamere :)D), then from Victor through to Murray Bridge, then from Murray Bridge to Lobethal, then from Lobethal, back to my joint for beers!

12pm start at my joint! If your interested, you know what to do!

:rockon:

Sounds good to me:thumbup:

The overnighter also sounds good but will take a little more nuttin out:D

Cheers
Mike

Re sunday....COOL! As for overnighter, was thinking of doing it just after the Hew Year...i will be well over Christmas etc, by then, and will be looking to escape the City!

Re sunday....COOL! As for overnighter, was thinking of doing it just after the Hew Year...i will be well over Christmas etc, by then, and will be looking to escape the City!

Yup, still sounding good as I am pretty well appointment free for the new year so far.:thumbup:
Cheers
Mike

Ok my sick son will be back at his mums tomorrow so I am still going riding.Mike the SA mileage king has confirmed his attendance,as has good ok matt the monkey boy.I'd anyone wants to ride be at my joint at twelve noon. :)

Ok my sick son will be back at his mums tomorrow so I am still going riding.Mike the SA mileage king has confirmed his attendance,as has good ok matt the monkey boy.I'd anyone wants to ride be at my joint at twelve noon. :)

PMSL:D...Hey mate, I didn't buy my bike to sit in the shed gathering spiders and looking pretty:thumbup:....lol. Besides, I don't have a life:spank:....lol...unless you count riding and fishing:cheer:...lol. Of course I know you know this 'cause if I have a day or two off you will become the mileage king:eek::rockon::cheer:....lol.
Cheers
Mike

PMSL:D...Hey mate, I didn't buy my bike to sit in the shed gathering spiders and looking pretty:thumbup:....lol. Besides, I don't have a life:spank:....lol...unless you count riding and fishing:cheer:...lol. Of course I know you know this 'cause if I have a day or two off you will become the mileage king:eek::rockon::cheer:....lol.
Cheers
Mike

Well i only have one thing to say.....Lets Ride! Cant friggin wait to get out there in a few hours....will be out real early as Gary & me are going to pick up Matt's old spare TRX 850 motor, which we are going to get Jimmy from Performance Superbike to re-build, and fully work for our next project...an off road sidewinder buggy...now that's gonna be fun to build...and punt in the scrub!!!!

You gotta love toys that go fast and have the potential to mess you up...lol.:rockon::thumbup::D Had a plan for years to do the same thing with my spare xs400 donk but never got there and just got rid of it.:spank:
Cheers
Mike

You gotta love toys that go fast and have the potential to mess you up...lol.:rockon::thumbup::D Had a plan for years to do the same thing with my spare xs400 donk but never got there and just got rid of it.:spank:
Cheers
Mike

Well it looks like you have a "second chance", we plan to be taking this sucker out on many a sunday, and flogging it silly....will be awesome with those staintunes hanging off the end of it!

Bring on the 4 wheel drifting in the dirt! Yeeeeehah! :rockon::spank::thumbup::Flip:

Well it looks like you have a \"second chance\", we plan to be taking this sucker out on many a sunday, and flogging it silly....will be awesome with those staintunes hanging off the end of it!

Bring on the 4 wheel drifting in the dirt! Yeeeeehah! :rockon::spank::thumbup::Flip:

hehehe, next, you'll be ripping the motor out of that Ford and sticking that on some chassis of somesort, just for that extra "grunt"...lol

I got family coming over this morning, then off to bed and back to work tonight, hope you guy's have a great day.

:D

Sheesh, what a day....just got back from another AWESOME day of riding. Ozzieboy (Mike AKA Ralph) arrived right on time at my place at 12 noon, and we started our days trek by riding all the way from pretty much one end of the Adelaide Hills (Blackwood), to the other end (Tea Tree Gully) where we met Matt at the TTG pub, had a quick beer, and set out for Mt Pleasent, via Inglewood, Gumeracha,Birdsville, turned off Adelaide - Mannum road towards Tungkillo, just past Mt Pleasent, and proceeded to the Palmer Rd turn off...

Was very tempting to go for a Blat down Palmer road to Murray Bridge, but Matt (foghorn leghorn...if i have ever seen it!) was only riding for "one tank" so it was off the agenda...so we turned back, and rode back to Birdsville, then to Lobethal via Cuddly Creek Road. Heaps of Bikes at Lobethal, plenty of like minded crew to chat with. :rockon:

Stopped at Lobethal for a late lunch & a much needed coffee! Then it was back down Cuddly Creek road, to Gorge Road, and then through the suburbs, back to Matt's (Foghorn) house at Salisbury.

Had another coffee there, before Mike (Ralph), and me (Sam), got back on the bikes, and rode back to BLACKWOOD via about 25 towns in the hills, and Mt Lofty lookout...stopping 4 times to take a few snaps of the bike! At Blackwood, i went home, Ralph kept riding to his joint!

The Weather was absolutely perfect, bright sunshine, about 24 degree's, and no wind...perfect Adelaide springtime weather.

Scenery was awesome,roads were great, no incidents, or stress of any nature, just a great days riding.

Was hardcore tired before we started (8 hours sleep in 72 hours! :eek: ) so was reasonably subdued today. I think if Mike and i were not a bit worried about Roo's in the dark, we would of kept riding...it was one of those days.

All up we did about 300km's, not one of them on the Freeway! :rockon:

My suspension was playing up today, too soft at the back still, and spent most of the day riding around that. My back tyre is now well and truly screwed...and so it should be with 10700km's under it's belt, but today it still gripped like poop to the proverbial...Michelin's...gotta love em!

Highlight's for me was following people for a change...Mike twice, and Matt, once down Gorge Road, and watching Matt becoming more intune with his new bike. :thumbup:

I love riding my bike, and today was all about most of the reasons why!

Awesome!

Here's a few pics.....

Matt (Foghorn), and Mike (Ralph) at Lobethal...chilling.

View attachment 9997

Mike & Me (Sam) on Cuddly Creek Road.

View attachment 9998

The Fizzers, just outside Woodside.

View attachment 9999

View attachment 10000

Mt Lofty lookout at Sunset.......

View attachment 10001

Looks like you guys had an awesome day :thumbup: the weather was a bit dodgy up here this weekend so i parked the bike up and went fishin' :D caught diddly squat but it still beats workin' for a living :rockon:

Looks like you guys had an awesome day :thumbup: the weather was a bit dodgy up here this weekend so i parked the bike up and went fishin' :D caught diddly squat but it still beats workin' for a living :rockon:

I am absolutely beat...so tired it's ridiculous! Bed is calling! Aweso9me day, you betcha! :Sport:

I am absolutely beat...so tired it's ridiculous! Bed is calling! Aweso9me day, you betcha! :Sport:

I imagine you would be stuffed after the last few days u've had with ur young fella , i hope he is making a speedy recovery :thumbup: nothin worse than having ur kids up the hospital :( it makes me crook thinking bout it

I imagine you would be stuffed after the last few days u've had with ur young fella , i hope he is making a speedy recovery :thumbup: nothin worse than having ur kids up the hospital :( it makes me crook thinking bout it

He is all good now...got a message from his mum this arvo, saying the Asthma has settled down now.

:thumbup:

Glad to hear it :thumbup: He'll be expecting a loooooong ride next time to make up for the tractor pull he missed out on :D

Lol! he is always tongueing for a ride! He wants to Race road bikes now! has been watching the youth development series on Fox, and is totally addicted!

Glad i have 3 years to save, before he can....but if he still wants to, i will do all i can to facilitate it.

Another great days riding:cheer:. Headed up to Wolfman's place, about 11:30.....via Clarendon and Corromandel Valley:D. Wolfman pretty much covered the details, except to mention the few very loud blips as we left our last photo stop...PMSL.:rockon: At least we managed to stop for some pics this time:thumbup:.

AND best of all.......No Kangaroos:steve:....lol.

It was certainly different to hop out in front on one of my favourite sections of road and another relatively unknown one.:rockon:

Thanks for the advice guys on upping my preload to 7....No wallowing as far as I can tell although I notice the front seems a touch soft now:eek:...lol. Maybe if I go back to 6 I'll hit a happy medium.

It was also different to be riding in company at night:rockon:

Happy to keep riding but sorta glad we stopped....800km weekend and mostly in the hills.
Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• PB090001.jpg
    PB090001.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 25
Back