Hi all, from a long time Fazer owner

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Paul

The Racetech calculator suggests 0.93kg/mm springs so I think your mechanic was spot on with 0.95 rate springs. If they are a straight rate spring (not progressively wound) the damping of your FZ6 would benefit from GVE’s. I’ve explained it in other posts, and it would be worth searching for it, that damping rods have significant limitations where they only actually provide damping during a very narrow window. The GVE is actually a rate based valve that reacts to the frequency and amplitude of the road. With proper set up the forks can work nearly as well as a cartridge fork.

Last edited:

Arfa

Reaction score
www.beginnerbiker.com
Another update: More goodies arrived - a nice Nitron shock. Just the basic 1-way R1 version (I'm not made of money!) But by-gum removing the stock shock was a right pain. Had to angle grind some grooves in the collar, then slowly rotate it free with a hammer and drift. Definitely feels better and more confidence inspiring now. Though next year, I'm tempted to book it into a pro-suspension shop for a more fine-tuned setup, more so the RaceTech emulator and this shock.

Yamaha-FZ6-Nitron-Shock.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Another update: More goodies arrived - a nice Nitron shock. Just the basic 1-way R1 version (I'm not made of money!) But by-gum removing the stock shock was a right pain. Had to angle grind some grooves in the collar, then slowly rotate it free with a hammer and drift. Definitely feels better and more confidence inspiring now. Though next year, I'm tempted to book it into a pro-suspension shop for a more fine-tuned setup, more so the RaceTech emulator and this shock.
Nice shock! But....you need to adjust that chain! Lol! :p