Hi from Chicago

mthoren68

Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone organizes a ride out of the City some weekend, let me know. None of my friends have bikes, they all think having one in the City is dumb (maybe they're right), so I thought I'd check this out. Wouldn't mind heading up to WI, seems like that's the closest decent area to ride. Just got back from CA, did a little ride up the coast on a friend's bike, I'm more than a little jealous.

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If be in for any ride. I'm in the burbs nowadays, but used to have my YZF in the city.

Wisconsin is probably the closest place with a good amount of decent road.

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone organizes a ride out of the City some weekend, let me know. None of my friends have bikes, they all think having one in the City is dumb (maybe they're right), so I thought I'd check this out. Wouldn't mind heading up to WI, seems like that's the closest decent area to ride. Just got back from CA, did a little ride up the coast on a friend's bike, I'm more than a little jealous.

Where in Chicago are you? I have both a bike and a car, and it can be a pain in the ass. I think there is some decent riding up by lake geneva, the trip is decent after getting off the highway and there are some twisites.

k7tortoisefc

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm in for it!!

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
Sooo next weekend is suppose to be in the mid 70s, anyone up for a meetup or a ride? Maybe from the city-burbs, or burbs-city

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
This ridiculously cold weather has really got me itching to get on my bike. Does anybody have any summer riding plans?

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This ridiculously cold weather has really got me itching to get on my bike. Does anybody have any summer riding plans?

Depending on job status I plan on riding to the upper peninsula (copper harbor to be specific) for a mountain bike/motorcycle trip with some friends. Dates arent set in stone yet, but were thinking late april or may for roughly a week. Plans are to camp the whole time. If youre interested in riding out with us and cruising a few of the days that we wont be biking I'll keep ya in the loop.

Goes for anyone else, too..or if you just feel like coming to mtb some awesome singletrack!

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
Depending on job status I plan on riding to the upper peninsula (copper harbor to be specific) for a mountain bike/motorcycle trip with some friends. Dates arent set in stone yet, but were thinking late april or may for roughly a week. Plans are to camp the whole time. If youre interested in riding out with us and cruising a few of the days that we wont be biking I'll keep ya in the loop.

Goes for anyone else, too..or if you just feel like coming to mtb some awesome singletrack!

dang, sounds amazing. I'm not going to be able to get away from my cubicle for a week, but need to make a trip somwhere. Hopefully a few extended weekend trips somewhere.

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
dang, sounds amazing. I'm not going to be able to get away from my cubicle for a week, but need to make a trip somwhere. Hopefully a few extended weekend trips somewhere.

We actually are gonna have to go somewhere else..itll be too early in the year to go that far north. The trails will probably still have snow. If we do something else ill post it up here.

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
New FZ6 rider here. 2004 Silver, carbon fiber windscreen.

Live in Lakeview.

Cheers!

Good to see someone else in the city. Looking at the 10 day forecast, its not suppose to get out of the 50s. Depressing start to the riding year.

RobotGabe

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings!

Picked up an 08 FZ6 in April...been loving it. I'm in Bridgeport, near Sox field. Nice to meet other Chicagoians. Cheers.

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
End of winter (hopefully) bump. Hows everyone doing? Any spring/ summer riding plans?

Also, I need to get some minor stuff done before summer, mainly tires. Has anyone tried Motorcycle Mania? Seems to be the only bike place in Chicago with favorable reviews.