Hi from Chicago

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm trying my best to do my own work. When it comes time to get new tires, I'll be taking just the rims and tires over to a local Yamaha dealership. Not much they can mess up when you practically do their job for them. ;)

That said, I'm getting more and more anxious to ride again , and my bike is almost ready to go!

mjesenovec

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up my 2007 FZ6 about 3 weeks ago. Finally got to take it out yesterday and love it! I'm in the far north suburbs, Gurnee/Waukegan area.

My brother is a mechanic and is doing pretty much all of my maintenance. He's already done my spark plugs, air filter, BD43 headlight mod, frame sliders, tail tidy, and LED turn signals. He has a brake bleeder and will do my brake fluid and coolant in the very near future.

If anyone is in the northern burbs or wants a deal on maintenance and labor, hit me up and I can put you in touch with my brother. He charges a fraction of what a shop would for his time, so it's definitely worth it!

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up my 2007 FZ6 about 3 weeks ago. Finally got to take it out yesterday and love it! I'm in the far north suburbs, Gurnee/Waukegan area.

My brother is a mechanic and is doing pretty much all of my maintenance. He's already done my spark plugs, air filter, BD43 headlight mod, frame sliders, tail tidy, and LED turn signals. He has a brake bleeder and will do my brake fluid and coolant in the very near future.

If anyone is in the northern burbs or wants a deal on maintenance and labor, hit me up and I can put you in touch with my brother. He charges a fraction of what a shop would for his time, so it's definitely worth it!

I'd take his info.

Anyone else get out thus far? Freaking beautiful outside, but I've been sick for the past week, so no riding for me.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd take his info.

Anyone else get out thus far? Freaking beautiful outside, but I've been sick for the past week, so no riding for me.

I haven't gotten out because I'm down at school. The weather is just teasing me right now. I come home on this Friday and should have all of my parts waiting to be put on the bike. I'm going to be out next week regardless of temperatures as long as the roads are dry. :thumbup:

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't gotten out because I'm down at school. The weather is just teasing me right now. I come home on this Friday and should have all of my parts waiting to be put on the bike. I'm going to be out next week regardless of temperatures as long as the roads are dry. :thumbup:

Where do you go to school?

mjesenovec

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd take his info.

Yeah! I rode about 40 miles on saturday, just a quick blast around. I'll PM you about my brother's contact info if you think you might want him to do some side work.

mjesenovec

Reaction score
Visit site
Small world, huh? Where are you working now?

Funny story, I actually dropped out of college after my sophomore year. Wasn't for me, lost interest. Tried a handful of different things, including military. Long story short, I was in the right place at the right time, got my foot in the door with a position in IT, and now i've been doing it for almost 8 years. Been with my current company for 7. I'm a level 2 systems admin and do a little bit of everything.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Undecided!! He needs to figure it out very soon. Blah
Not uncommon, I've got a few friends in the same department as me who have at least decided on their major, but still have no idea what they want to specialize in or even do when they graduate. More and more I find myself in the minority because I know exactly what I want to do. Haha

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone interested in doing a ride from Chicago out to Starved Rock? Perhaps meet in Chicago in the late morning, riding out to Starved Rock, go through some twisties, get some lunch, and head back?

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone interested in doing a ride from Chicago out to Starved Rock? Perhaps meet in Chicago in the late morning, riding out to Starved Rock, go through some twisties, get some lunch, and head back?

Maybe, not sure of where any of the good roads are out there though. I usually ride either the Kettles or Galena myself.