Highest speed?

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
When i hit 158 (thats what the speedo said) my RPMs were above 11,000. I am not sure how much though, once i saw the speedo i think i peed a little. It's scary to go that fast.:eek:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When i hit 158 (thats what the speedo said) my RPMs were above 11,000. I am not sure how much though, once i saw the speedo i think i peed a little. It's scary to go that fast.:eek:
Bollocks, I haven't looked at the thread for a while. I blew the cobwebs out today. We had great weather, dry roads very light traffic. I had my personal best. 157mph flat road with slight curve (didn't feel like a slight curve at the time ,my arse could have cracked walnuts). I even managed to check rpm. 13300 - 13500 slightly blurry and I didn't want to stop looking where I was going. A few people have been asking about speed and rpm so I had a look. Whilst going down the slip road to enter the motorway (freeway) I checked the Speedo 137mph in 4th and bouncing of the limiter. I was well tucked behind he screen to avoid the wind, the bike still felt rock solid. I had a really long run and was able to stay at 130 - 145 for 15 miles. When I rationalised the run during my slow down period. I started to think about my (our) instincts. I just thought that self preservation instinct is mad and overwhelming. I was doing 145 with ease and comfort (147mph 11230rpm in 6th actually) yet with a mere 17mph added on top I had reached my limit. I found it hard not to look at the road and concentrate on the tacho. I started to grip the bike with my knees and noticed I was also grasping the bars really tightly. It was a strange feeling mentally telling myself to relax and release my grip. It was a great blast though. I forgot my ear plugs and the noise was unreal (HJC AC11). I can honestly say it will be a few months until I repeat the same type of run as top speed is in reality a very small part of the overall FZ6 experience. Plus tempting fait means I might end up with a ban. In the UK 100mph + equals no licence, and with summer coming. I would rather lose a bollock. Cheers guys and girls, Neil on the not to slow black and silver one.

Last edited:

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Bollocks, I haven't looked at the thread for a while. I blew the cobwebs out today. We had great weather, dry roads very light traffic. I had my personal best. 157mph flat road with slight curve (didn't feel like a slight curve at the time ,my arse could have cracked walnuts). I even managed to check rpm. 13300 - 13500 slightly blurry and I didn't want to stop looking where I was going. A few people have been asking about speed and rpm so I had a look. Whilst going down the slip road to enter the motorway (freeway) I checked the Speedo 137mph in 4th and bouncing of the limiter. I was well tucked behind he screen to avoid the wind, the bike still felt rock solid. I had a really long run and was able to stay at 130 - 145 for 15 miles. When I rationalised the run during my slow down period. I started to think about my (our) instincts. I just thought that self preservation instinct is mad and overwhelming. I was doing 145 with ease and comfort (147mph 11230rpm in 6th actually) yet with a mere 17mph added on top I had reached my limit. I found it hard not to look at the road and concentrate on the tacho. I started to grip the bike with my knees and noticed I was also grasping the bars really tightly. It was a strange feeling mentally telling myself to relax and release my grip. It was a great blast though. I forgot my ear plugs and the noise was unreal (HJC AC11). I can honestly say it will be a few months until I repeat the same type of run as top speed is in reality a very small part of the overall FZ6 experience. Plus tempting fait means I might end up with a ban. In the UK 100mph + equals no licence, and with summer coming. I would rather lose a bollock. Cheers guys and girls, Neil on the not to slow black and silver one.

Thank you for the info. I was going to try to see what rpms were at those speeds but you beat me to it....Thank you! :Sport: Be safe and have fun. Also watch your speed, we dont want you without a licence.:)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for the info. I was going to try to see what rpms were at those speeds but you beat me to it....Thank you! :Sport: Be safe and have fun. Also watch your speed, we dont want you without a licence.:)
or a bollock.............nuff said. However you may find different readings. I am 5"6 in socks and weigh 11 stone (70kgs).

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
or a bollock.............nuff said. However you may find different readings. I am 5"6 in socks and weigh 11 stone (70kgs).

Heh heh...Some of our American friends will still be none the wiser as to how much you weigh. :D
11 Stone=70kgs=155 pounds.
I weigh 175 pounds, but my Much Faster Red One can easily carry the extra 20lbs while breezing by all the blue, black and silver FZ6's. :Sport:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heh heh...Some of our American friends will still be none the wiser as to how much you weigh. :D
11 Stone=70kgs=155 pounds.
I weigh 175 pounds, but my Much Faster Red One can easily carry the extra 20lbs while breezing by all the blue, black and silver FZ6's. :Sport:
That maybe so, but as I have said before. With out the style or charisma of the black and silver ones.

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
Some serious speed there fellas !!! :Sport:

I'll stick to my 7000 revs for now lol

:thumbup:

While your in your break-in period (8000 RPM and below) you're riding with Dr.Jeckel. After it's nice and broke in and you're comfortable with the bike you can party with Mr.Hyde (8000-13500 RPM).:rockon:

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
I have always broke in a bike by riding it the way that i was always going to ride it. 3 miles on the clock and mine was up to 120MPH. I have broken in about 18 different bikes.....i used to ride motocross.....and i have broken in bikes both ways. It really doesnt matter how you break it in. Plus most mechanics who race will tell you an engine will seal up better by a hard break-in.

I know it didnt go along with the thread just thought i would post...:D

Have fun and be safe!!!!!!

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
While your in your break-in period (8000 RPM and below) you're riding with Dr.Jeckel. After it's nice and broke in and you're comfortable with the bike you can party with Mr.Hyde (8000-13500 RPM).:rockon:

:rockon:

I can feel a monster lurking beneath me when I tickle the throttle :)

:thumbup:

S

sportrider

today I hit 140mph I had switched the odometer over to tach.
in 6th gear at 140mph I was taching 11120rpm exact.:D

hey "jamesfz6" , it seems you and me are the only ones to hit 158mph.
since I switched back to a 180 rear, I seem to be hovering around the 152mph mark. are you still running a 190?

Last edited by a moderator:

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
today I hit 140mph I had switched the odometer over to tach.
in 6th gear at 140mph I was taching 11120rpm exact.:D

hey "jamesfz6" , it seems you and me are the only ones to hit 158mph.
since I switched back to a 180 rear, I seem to be hovering around the 152mph mark. are you still running a 190?

Yup. I havent changed the tire size at all. I figured ill just stick with what came on it.

S

sportrider

I'm thinking the difference in diameter between a 180 and a 190 is what makes the difference between 152mph and 158mph on the speedo.

Vee

Reaction score
Visit site
The highest speed i've been on mine is an indicated 149mph whilst two-up, i will find some time to do a solo run though.
The only mod to the running of the bike is that i've replaced the catalytic converter with the straight thru mid pipe, good for 5 or so bhp.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Hit 123mph .... then **** myself :thumbup:

Closed the throttle and commenced my usual slower style :rolleyes:

I am still finding my feet .... Mr Hyde is clawing his way out :)

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Hit 123mph .... then **** myself :thumbup:

Closed the throttle and commenced my usual slower style :rolleyes:

I am still finding my feet .... Mr Hyde is clawing his way out :)

LOL. Did the very same thing myself a couple of weeks ago. I managed 128 on the M45 late at night. Convinced myself I was running out of motorway, not bottle!

The really frightening thing is the ease the FZ achieves that sort of speed with. :Sport:

S

sportrider

OK here's the numbers every one wanted to hear

153MPH= 12420RPM
I think at that point the FZ6 doesn't have the ponys to overcome the wind resistance.
:Sport:

brows141

Naked Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
The fastest I've been on my naked warrior is 195 kilometers per hour = 121mph. I was wearing shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops (I know, STUPID).

The d@mn flip-flops slowed me down!!!!