How many kms/hours in one day

seadworf

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
am new to the FZ6N and am planning to do a long trip on it (about 1000km). I scheduled in 2 days for it, is 500kms per day still a comfy ride or will i be stiff 4 a week after these 2 days?
anyone recommendations or suggestions on how much time/many kms you can spend on it comfortably?
It will be mainly highway.

cheers
:Sport:

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
am new to the FZ6N and am planning to do a long trip on it (about 1000km). I scheduled in 2 days for it, is 500kms per day still a comfy ride or will i be stiff 4 a week after these 2 days?
anyone recommendations or suggestions on how much time/many kms you can spend on it comfortably?
It will be mainly highway.

cheers
:Sport:

6 hours, 500 miles. a smoke break every 75-100 miles. highway miles are much harder on your body and your tires. i look for the backroads. get a G.P.S.

Last edited:

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Its first long ride i would say youll have a sore behind(also depends which bike you have, seats are different on the years) my 04 seat hurts my bum after a descent ride , but im also quite weighty. Should be nice ride though.

Y

yukon_alex

970km in 11 hours. I could walk and talk in the end. If course this is on my Canadian spec FZ6 with the half fairing. Have fun!

H

HavBlue

300 mile days shouldn't be bad at all providing you are conditioned for it. Too often riders who are used to commuting figure hitting the road won't be much different and it is, way different. Long hours in the saddle tends to create fatigue you won't normally find with the commute so be sure to take the time to rest. Generally I like running 100 miles and then take a break. Walk around, have something to eat and/or drink then be on your way for the next hundred miles. This way it spreads things out and you should do fine.

Some folks have a problem with the stock FZ6 saddle. I do not and have enjoyed it very much as it seems to be just right for me. The only way you will know is to make the run.

Good Luck,

Charlie

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
last year i did 1100 kms in 12 hours,,i was almost falling asleep while riding after 7-8 hrs,,i actually had to wake my wife up couple times as she was sliding over to the side of the bike :D,,,my longest nonstop during that trip was the whole tank spent which was almost 3 hours of ride,,,when i came to a complete stop i was so numb that i couldnt put my foot down on the ground and we fell :D well probably 110F heat was another factor for that also....average riding time was around 2 hours at a time..
all in all at the end of the day when you reach your destination,you are so happy you dont even feel tired...3 days later i took the same route back home another 1100kms in 12 hours....i was totally fine the whole way back..

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i would estimate that i could go about 500 miles in a day without issues, if the roads were not long and straight, but keep them interesting and i will keep riding...

H

HavBlue

i would estimate that i could go about 500 miles in a day without issues, if the roads were not long and straight, but keep them interesting and i will keep riding...

This is very true as a lot of the ride long or short has to do with where you are riding. Try crossing places like Nebraska where the road goes straight for miles on end or I5 from Grapevine CA north where again it is straight for hundreds of miles. Boring and fatiguing.

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
My right leg/ankle hurts/cramps after about 20 miles so I'd be sh!te at long distance commutes although I did 180 miles in about four hours. Not a massive distance I know but it was entirely back roads so was good fun (and kept the legs moving which is a good thing for me). Anyway. This dude is the best. Around the world in 19 days. On an R1. Nutter

Nick Sanders - About Nick

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is very true as a lot of the ride long or short has to do with where you are riding. Try crossing places like Nebraska where the road goes straight for miles on end or I5 from Grapevine CA north where again it is straight for hundreds of miles. Boring and fatiguing.

if the road is straight, then you don't move that much on the bike and the circulatory won't work properly and will cause stiff joints, as well as pressure on one specific spot as opposed to moving around and "Spreading the love" of the seat pressure will hurt much more than being tired from riding some tough turns...

H

HavBlue

if the road is straight, then you don't move that much on the bike and the circulatory won't work properly and will cause stiff joints, as well as pressure on one specific spot as opposed to moving around and "Spreading the love" of the seat pressure will hurt much more than being tired from riding some tough turns...

Yup, that's exactly how I see it....

seadworf

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, - IT'S DONE:
I completed my mission and picked up my new (used) bike (check out the pic in my profile and the album).
And i can tell you am sore as... but it was fun not so much the straight highway bits (boring as...), but there was some nice country riding as well.

So if anyone thinks about doing a ride from Sydney to Bribane or vice versa, i can recommend taking 3 days and do the little detours on the way, plenty of nice beaches and NSW country riding to be done.

Thanks for all your suggestions though.
cheers.