How much have you spent on mods?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So how much have you spent on mods? Are you a DIY'er and do the free ones, or do you get the second mortgage and get a loan on what is left of your 401k?

I picked the last option...as i may of spent just a little more than the amounts you have listed as choices. :eek:

Ok, well i have spent quite a bit more...more than i actually paid for the bike! No intention of selling it anytime in the next 10 years! I i intend riding it for all of those 10 years.....so am guessing i will spend quite a bit more before i am done.

:thumbup:

uhm, no option for me:

$0

because Rob always needs gift ideas :) Seriously though, I think I may have put $50 into the heated grips, but those were originally bought for him, they just found their way onto my bike first.....The rest of it Rob bought for me for borthdays, Christmas, etc. Except my fairings. Those were rolled into the same loan.

Crap, you forced me to add it up. Not how to build a naked \"streetfighter\" in the traditional sense.

Lol...am working out that there is no rules as to how to build a streetfighter....as there are so many starting points to choose from...new bike, trashed bike, sportsbike, already naked bike....etc, etc.

Your bike is still one of the nicest bikes on here, your mods are done with taste, and style!

Thanks for posting the list, makes interesting reading, even if this aint my thread. :D

Tires a mod? Nice try but I think not- normal replacement item like oil etc.

I was only in for a few hundred bucks until I bought the 2Bros CF cannons and the juice box. Ouch, they put me in another bracket. But I DO like them!

I have spent about $1600 on mods. Besides replacing the windscreen, I haven't worked on any of them myself (I think there should be a smiley with 2 left hands here :) )

Don't consider new tires as a mod though.

my own bike has seen very little love other than riding, i got the PB smoked screen, grip puppies, fe kit, and heated grips. total: $150

Keira's bike on the other hand...rear hugger, FE kit, rear seat cowl, Yoshi Tri-oval CF exhaust, MY original heated grips (x-mas present for me that i put on her bike) probably about $650ish...

Thanks for the Thread....it scares me while shinning a light on the potential. I will hide this thread from my wife for sure. The mods listed are like asuport gorup that enables my habit....

Let's see.... Yammie comfort seat, Puig, lower cowl, FE kit, some wiring, racetech springs, sliders some paint.... all comes to about $800.00... It certainly adds up fast!

*Edit* Did you mean luggage too? there's another $150 or so, so I'm still in the $500 - $1000 range, but barely!

Used CF Two Bros, integrated tail light, front pod signals = $550

Gear = at least $1500

Doesn't matter how much I spend on the bike because it will still look like crap if I crash. On the other hand, I should still look pretty good after a crash.

Last edited:
Where I am at and where I will end up are two very different figures! Under $500 as of today (wait do tires count?) and will be over a couple grand by the time I am done.

Dang, it's almost hurts too much to add it up. :( Nearly $1700.00 so far, & still haven't started perfomance mods... I do all of my own installation too! I need a drink now. :eek:

This year, I've spent about $1000 on mods on my FZ6 (+$1000 on tools, tires, and gear - some of it on my old bike). I have another $1500 or so to spend before I'm close to finished. I've saved a lot not going to the dealer, but 'one-time' expenses like TB sync device and torque wrenches add up quick.

Every penny of extra income I have goes into my bike or other aspects of my riding habit, but if I don't have the cash, I don't buy it.

Back