How to get bike out of Diagnostic mode D1?

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
Bike got stuck in D1 again so I've been riding around with no speedo all week. Was going to get a new unit but when I got my tires changed somehow they fixed the speedo back to normal. Any ideas? This really sucks cause the unit it so expensive to replace. Really has taken some of the fun out of it dealing with this all the time.

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
The bike enters and gets stuck in diagnostics mode on its own? Turning the key to OFF is the normal way to exit. Beyond that, I don't know.

Maybe run through the normal way of entering and exiting diag mode:

kill switch in the run position
key off
press and hold both reset and select
turn key on
keep pressing reset and select for 8 seconds
should see d1 on display
turn key to off to exit

Have a look at a 2007+ Service manual, page 8-37, for more.

Boneman's FZ6 Site - Mods

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder if you disconnect the negative battery lead for a few minutes it might reset? :) Actually you can just pull the main fuse for a few minutes, It's on top of the battery...

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder if you disconnect the negative battery lead for a few minutes it might reset? :) Actually you can just pull the main fuse for a few minutes, It's on top of the battery...

I'll try this tonight, just disconnect the battery for a bit? I did disconnect it for about 3-4 min the other night and it didn't change. Part of my problem is the odo was damaged and the select and reset buttons during a pressure was and needs to be replaced at some point it's just so expensive with install. Somehow they did it at the shop but I can't find the guy that did it. Such a pain. Thanks for trying! :rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll try this tonight, just disconnect the battery for a bit? I did disconnect it for about 3-4 min the other night and it didn't change. Part of my problem is the odo was damaged and the select and reset buttons during a pressure was and needs to be replaced at some point it's just so expensive with install. Somehow they did it at the shop but I can't find the guy that did it. Such a pain. Thanks for trying! :rockon:
Disconnect it overnuight...
It's easy to swap out and I bet you can find a used one for cheeps..:)