HVMP bar ends (HEAVY!) review

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed that you are not using the stock bar, or fz1 bar, did you make sure that out would fit your bar before ordering? The bar ends I have were made for stock bar and for the fz1 bar, not after market bars.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Good observation... I'm using the Renthal 787. I drill (9/16") and tap them M16x1.5 to be able to use the stock bar ends. They're on the way now... I'll let you know how they fit.

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, Marthy.. hope you got the right ones (the ones you want are for Suzuki bikes!)

I had that setup on Renthal bar. Take a look here:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/18575-renthal-handlebar-hvmp-bar-ends-oury-grips.html

and here:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-...-weights-aftermarket-aluminum-handlebars.html

Thanks for the tip. But I already mod the Renthal (Drill & Tap) to be able to use the stock bar ends... I should be ok. :thumbup:
Using the Renthal got the vib 75% better. Maybe something to do with thicker wall thickness. I think with the heavy bar end it's going to get everything perfect... or as good as it can be!

Last edited:

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
The vibes have been making my hands tingle after long rides lately. Think I'm going to pick up a pair of these to see if it helps. Wish they powder coated them!

-Nick

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
I must admit that I have absolutely NO Vibration problems through the bars on my bike with Bridgestone BT-023s, stock forks, bars and bar-ends. Is it common to get bad vibes on a stock setup? :confused:

My vibe-problen (which isn't as bad anymore) does NOT come from suspension/tires or anything like that. If the bike is at stand stil I am in neutral + throttle up to higher revs it gets worse. If I am riding at 150 km/h and pull the clutch + no throttle (engine goes to idle) then there is no vibrations... it's clearly the engine!

Last summer the mechanic checked all engine mounting bolts + valve adjustment (big service) and found nothing out of the ordinary. He actually said that it just happens sometimes and mostly its close to impossible to locate the actual cause (not only FZ6 but other bikes too). I have to remember that this is my first bike that I have driven for more than 1 hour at a time (only GS500 school bikes before). So of course I am more picky about vibrations than some guy who have been driving bikes since 1950.

Last edited:

Ross63

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for setting me straight guys. I have no vibration issues at present but I'll look at these bar ends if the problem comes my way.

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Dude! Those bar end are huge! Look good in stainless... but I will get them powder coat black tomorrow. I couldn't resist to test drive them tonight on my way home...

So it does fit on the FZ6R...

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Work great! My fingers use to get a little numb on my 20 min ride to work. I had to stretch my hand on a regular basis to avoid numbness. Now no problem at all. I even hold the handlebar firmer then usual and still perfect. I can still feel some vibration but not enough to create any discomfort.

Thanks everyone for the great tip!!! Highly recommended, even for the price!

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
They might be expensive but they are worth it. Kind of like worth their weight in gold! :D
The next time I feel that I am close to dropping the bike I might go "Noooo not my bar ends!!!!!"

what kind of grips did you try before putting those expensive weights on the bars ?

i got some $5 foam grips and all the vibrations are gone. that, plus a crampbuster throttle control and i can cruise for hours with no problems, stock bar end weights.

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Got them powder coated! Looking good:rockon:

Can't wait to go ride for a whole weekend. I guess I should have bough a sport touring bike right from the beginning... Ah well, a have a FJ6R now:BLAA:

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site

Can't wait to go ride for a whole weekend. I guess I should have bough a sport touring bike right from the beginning... Ah well, a have a FJ6R now:BLAA:

Just curious, but what did they charge you for the powder coating?

Thanks!

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Just curious, but what did they charge you for the powder coating?

Thanks!

The minimum charge is $30.00 + tax. If I had a bunch to do at the same time it will bring the cost per set down quite a lot. Unfortunately that was the only thing I had to get powder coat...

Ah well, it's done now.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Great looking bike, Marthy!

HVMP

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for all the support from this forum. I am glad to see that the majority of the forum reviews of our product are positive. We at HVMP are riders and know the importance of comfort on long or short distance rides, so we are glad that we can make a little bit of difference.

Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions. at info(at)hvmp.com

Cheers,
"the management"
HVMP Inc

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
These bar ends are one of the best mods I ever did for riding comfort. My hand stopped going numb immediately, I didnt even realize it until I got off the bike after a long ride and I noticed I still had feeling! :thumbup:
The vibes on my bike are pretty brutal but these bar ends cut the total vibes to 20% of what they used to be.

P.S.

the management at this shop is A+++.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
My father had these on his '09. When he sold it, I bought the bar ends off him for my '06 FZ6. They really helped, especially on the freeway! 6K buzz is gone. They really helped around town too. Highly recommend these! :thumbup:

xDavidx

Overlord of the Universe
Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine the other day. They are pretty awesome, but the customer service was even better. Much thanks to HVMP.

Tiger Eyes

Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered mine this morning (Australian EST) and looking forward to putting them on. I am riding down to Phillip Island for the Moto GP in Oct. Will post to see what they do to my 09 FZ6s. I hope the work its a 4 day ride and my last tour stopped after 2 because of the buzz and a bung right hand from a car accident in Dubblin - great town bad drivers haha.