I got a new bike :)

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked up my new Honda CB400. I was given it by Honda Australia for winning the Ulysses motorcycle apprentice of the year. It is a very nice little thing to ride! Just so so smooth! The fz now has a friend.

Prebstar

FZ6 Maintenance Man
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Outstanding :thumbup: Congratulations mate, you must be stoked. Great little bike too. Would make for a good cafe racer type project

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone :) it's another bike to add the the collection. There is quiet a few in it now ;)
I'm not sure of the mpg yet I haven't ridden it enough yet.
I was thinking the same thing with the cafe racer style project, would make a nice one in the end.
The amount of places I was asked to move to around aus was amazing after the award ceremony, turns out everyone wants someone decent near them to be a spanner man.

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a quick review, will do a better one when I get some time.

The cb400 has impressed me to say the least. Power wise it has about half that of the fz6 and it is easy to tell. It has VTEC (just like the cars) yo. This kicks in about 6,000rpm and makes it take off a lot faster.
When a dry road was used today it handles very well being easy to throw around and great brakes to stop you quick (very similar to the s2 fz6).
That's all for now. Have done about 350km on it now.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked up my new Honda CB400. I was given it by Honda Australia for winning the Ulysses motorcycle apprentice of the year. It is a very nice little thing to ride! Just so so smooth! The fz now has a friend.
Very well done indeed. The Kudos of being recognised as the best is priceless and will make you tons of cash when you set your own business up.

Nelly

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
Another quick update on the mighty CB400. Fit and finish is great on this thing, just like a Honda should be I suppose. All the paintwork and the bit are perfect not a blemish to be seen.

Handling is fantastic. It weighs about the same as the FZ6 but feels so much lighter and easier the throw around. Maybe it's because of the 160 rear tyre or maybe the weight being so low. Most likely it is both. It just handles so smooth.

The engine revs very freely and spins up fast. The power realy kicks in about 7,000rpm when the vtec opens up an extra 2 valves per cylinder. It comes on smooth and predictable. The throttle is a little on the snatchy side at low revs (more so then the fz). Engine vibes are non existent in high revs and normal cruising revs but are there in the low rpm.

The bike is small, very small. I sit with flat feet and bent knees on this thing (not quiet both feet flat on the fz6). It also has narrow bars and feels like a thin fuel tank between the knees. This makes it feel even smaller then it is.

The best fuel Econ I have had do far is 5.5l per 100km but I have not taken it on a ride yet where it hasn't been flogged :)