I have a crazy idea TX FZ6 in NYC?

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking that I'm 190 miles from Manhattan and if I got up early I could do a Central Park ride around and be back before dark easy. It sounds a little nuts to be riding around NYC but think of the bragging rights to all my friends back in Houston and at work. It would be a definite go if I could find someone to go with. I'll check back in the morning to see if anyone wants to ride up. Wouldn't it be so cool to go through the Lincoln Tunnel and ride down Broadway.

If not I think I'm going to Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield, north of State College. Worlds largest burger.

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
I personally wouldnt want to be in NYC on my FZ... I wanna keep the bike. just dont get off of it while in the city. lol.

Last edited:

fazerider

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw a show on extreme food and Denny's burgers are stupid big they started with the 1lb then 5, 10, 20 & now have one 50lbs.:eek:
Plan a nap before the return trip if you eat there! LOL

sam5c

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know if you left but I'm down for a ride through central park. I'm in NJ right outside the Lincoln Tunnel. Let me know if you want to RIDE.

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I personally wouldnt want to be in NYC on my FZ... I wanna keep the bike. just dont get off of it while in the city. lol.

Yeah dont get off the bike in the city... You know NYC is a scary scary place the cast of the friggin lion king and Mama Mia will take off with you bike in an instant... NY is a city, its not a warzone, get over it...

Might I suggest driving along the west coast highway and/or the East River(FDR) Drive.... I drive into work almost everyday, riding around central park can be slow and somewhat dangerous where there are a ton of cabs...

Driving in that traffic sucks... But driving on the surrounding expressways is awesome... East River at 70 MPH @ 7AM is a great way to start a day, oh and watch out for the potholes

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't make it to Denny's, on the way there I hit an awesome road that had a turn about every 50 yards that was about 35 miles long. When I came to a rest at the end my rear tire was toast metal showing through. The smell of burning rubber and a trashed tire, I was pretty impressed with myself. The tire was all gooed and feathered at the chicken strips. So I called the wife and she came and picked me up in Snow Shoe PA. It was a good day.

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah dont get off the bike in the city... You know NYC is a scary scary place the cast of the friggin lion king and Mama Mia will take off with you bike in an instant... NY is a city, its not a warzone, get over it...

meh... I still wouldnt leave the bike anywhere.

I have nothing to get over bud. Ive been to NYC 3 times...and each time it was busier than the last, more bums on the street than the last, more traffic than the last, more thugs than the last.

I have a buddy that has been living there for 10 years now... for every good thing about NYC, there are 10 bad things....so he says. From my experiences there, I tend to believe him.

FazerNYC

Reaction score
Visit site
You'll be okay if you avoid rush hour and stay to the left - the cabs are very agressive and reckless.