If you think you ride fast, well....no you don't. - Isle of Man T.T.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We had a week of this year's IoM on TV recently and it was spectacular, not just the racing but documentary coverage of the whole circus. I learned quite a lot, including the fact that there is a second circuit on the island and they race the Southern 100 there after TT week, this is even more insane as it is a regular race (ie all start together off a grid) on a street circuit! Many of the stars of the regular TT take part in this, as if they haven't risked their lives enough.

The rider they showed bouncing down the hill after sliding off at The Verandah is Conor Cummins. This happened in 2010 and one of the programmes we saw during our TT week had an extensive interview with him, he talked about the crash, his recovery and his participation in this year's races. These guys are hard as nails!

D

Dave.TX

I agree, these guys are fearless! Watched some episodes a few months back. The scenery is spectacular, the bike riding is top notch. Just a good race to watch.

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
We had a week of this year's IoM on TV recently and it was spectacular, not just the racing but documentary coverage of the whole circus. I learned quite a lot, including the fact that there is a second circuit on the island and they race the Southern 100 there after TT week, this is even more insane as it is a regular race (ie all start together off a grid) on a street circuit! Many of the stars of the regular TT take part in this, as if they haven't risked their lives enough.

The rider they showed bouncing down the hill after sliding off at The Verandah is Conor Cummins. This happened in 2010 and one of the programmes we saw during our TT week had an extensive interview with him, he talked about the crash, his recovery and his participation in this year's races. These guys are hard as nails!

Really? I didn't know that at all. I'll definitely have to take a look at that race too, definitely sounds interesting! haha

Gotchya. I'm glad he's alright. I wasn't sure who it was, but I was just hoping he wasn't dead!

I agree, these guys are fearless! Watched some episodes a few months back. The scenery is spectacular, the bike riding is top notch. Just a good race to watch.

I completely agree. I don't know why I don't watch it more often. haha

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
man, right before that guy went off the edge of that ravine I was thinking if they crash here there is no forgiveness It will be ugly. Then he goes over and does so acrobatics that would win him an Olympic gold. I thought he was dead for sure and maybe the guy that lowsided into that wall, his bike hit it hard. I will go over to Afgan for a year, but that is just plan cazy IMHO.