I'm outta here!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's 11:35, my boss is out today, her boss is out today, and it is dead as a doornail (whatever a doornail is...). It's 80 degrees outside, supposed to hit 92 today, so I am gone! I have no idea where I'm going but it really doesn't matter does it?

:Sport::Sport::Sport::Sport::Sport::Sport::Sport::Sport::Sport::Sport:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm whipped. I ended up putting in about 165 miles. It hit 94 today. On Monday, just north of Austin in Georgetown it snowed. What the heck is this hot stuff???? Regardless it is a beautiful day. I started by riding my favorite twisties (only twisties in the area) and kept going to Mable Falls, Lance Armstrong's neighborhood, up to Burnet, and then a loop back to Austin. There was NO ONE on the roads!

I recently bought a "Get Outta Town" map from Mad Maps. They create a variety of rides, types and lengths, and list different roadside attractions for a given area. I've ridden a lot of the road on the bicycle but many today were brand new to me. The map also took me on roads I never thought of riding on. Almost all were backroad two lane roads through the country side. I was able to travel at 75 to 85 mph for a lot of the ride.

I also found out that the FZ is dead stable at 118 mph, what an awesome bike!

Spring is coming folks, hang in there!

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
Spring is coming? It doesn't feel like it here - I still have snow 10 feet high on both sides of my driveway... we haven't had so much snow since 1971! We were riding the end of MArch last year... Seems like spring is still a long way off this year.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you had fun Top! But get that hekmet off that mirror before you crush the foam inside and its worthless if you ever need it!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you had fun Top! But get that hekmet off that mirror before you crush the foam inside and its worthless if you ever need it!

Well the strap is too short to reach the helmet lock, it was really, really windy so I didn't want it to get blow off the seat, and the parking lot of the Quicky Mart was filthy, all covered in oil and dirt. So the mirror looked like the lesser of the the four evils.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Had my hands full with water and snacks.

Okay, okay, I get your point. Gee Whiz Wally! :)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm whipped. I ended up putting in about 165 miles. It hit 94 today. On Monday, just north of Austin in Georgetown it snowed. What the heck is this hot stuff???? Regardless it is a beautiful day. I started by riding my favorite twisties (only twisties in the area) and kept going to Mable Falls, Lance Armstrong's neighborhood, up to Burnet, and then a loop back to Austin. There was NO ONE on the roads!

I recently bought a "Get Outta Town" map from Mad Maps. They create a variety of rides, types and lengths, and list different roadside attractions for a given area. I've ridden a lot of the road on the bicycle but many today were brand new to me. The map also took me on roads I never thought of riding on. Almost all were backroad two lane roads through the country side. I was able to travel at 75 to 85 mph for a lot of the ride.

I also found out that the FZ is dead stable at 118 mph, what an awesome bike!

Spring is coming folks, hang in there!
You are so busted when your boss logs on as our newest member and see your post lol.
Im glad you had a great day and it was fun fun fun.

Neil

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You are so busted when your boss logs on as our newest member and see your post lol.
Im glad you had a great day and it was fun fun fun.

Neil

Hee! Hee! Hee! Our Director of Corporate Communications has a Suzuki cruiser and when I was leaving I told him I was going riding. He cried. Then when I saw him on Monday he as giving me crap! LOL!

Besides it will never happen, my boss calls them "murder-cycles".

My boss's staff meeting on Thurday went like this. "I'm taking Friday off, Pam, you working?" "No I'm off." "Mac, you?" "Nope" "Well Pete you're the new one here." Pam says, "But Pete's son is on Spring Break!" I said, "I'll come in and watch the mice." Heck most of the mice were gone! Not only was it Spring Break for the schools but our manufacturing group was on shutdown so it was dead. But being a "global" support team I was there damn it, supporting the Globe , from England to Israel to India, China, Korean and Japan! Well at least until 11:35 am! :Flash: