Indicator relay position?

Chephren

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I've just changed my rear indicators to LED's and now they flash really fast and only half the LED's light up so I'm gonna scrap these and buy a set of 4 that come with a relay to slow the flash speed.

I've got a 1998 FZS600 and have been reading up a bit and it says the relay is under the seat,I've looked but can't find it.

Can anyone tell me how to find the flasher relay please? I don't want to go buying a 3 pin if it needs a 2 pin and vice versa unfortunately I can't even find it to check lol.
Thanks in advance

Dave

P.S. don't buy the Fazer service manual on CD, it's next to useless :(

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Being he's in England and all we have is a US parts fisch, that's about the closest match to his bike.

Unless it's completely different, should be pretty close.

Actually it looks to be in the same pace as our S1 and S2's.

Chephren

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah it looks identical just mines black with the stainless steel exhaust.

Andz I'm not sure of the model code, all I know is it's a 1998 FZS600 Fazer, I've only had her 6 weeks so still lots to learn.

I'll pop the side panels off tomorrow and see if I can locate it, hopefully it'll be tucked away behind one of the panels.

Thanks for your help guys, without your help I'd have the bike in bits trying to find it lol

One day I'll know enough to help other people too which would be great, being disabled makes it really rewarding when I can help others for a change :)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL that's like saying Suzuki parts will fit as long as it's a 600.

Not at all if your familiar with bikes..

Yamaha, like most manufacturers, don't throw an entire, successful bike design out and start from scratch. They modify it, tweak, improve it. Look at the 2003-2015 FJR. Basically the same engine, MANY of the same parts. That's over 12 years.. Unless there's an issue with a part/location, they generally won't screw with it, that's just common sense...

Our S1 and S2's, from 04 thru 09 had two somewhat minor modifications, that's, in SIX YEARS...

Look at the Honda Goldwing 1800. Its been just about the same platform since it got bumped from 1500 to 1800cc's.

Short of the S1, I've owned one of each of the above, worked on them, researched, etc...

Now when you start talking about DIFFERENT MANUFACTURERS, that's a whole different ball game, and that's NOT the issue here..

Last edited:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not at all if your familiar with bikes..

Yamaha, like most manufacturers, don't throw an entire, successful bike design out and start from scratch. They modify it, tweak, improve it. Look at the 2003-2015 FJR. Basically the same engine, MANY of the same parts. That's over 12 years.. Unless there's an issue with a part/location, they generally won't screw with it, that's just common sense...

Our S1 and S2's, from 04 thru 09 had two somewhat minor modifications, that's, in SIX YEARS...

Look at the Honda Goldwing 1800. Its been just about the same platform since it got bumped from 1500 to 1800cc's.

Short of the S1, I've owned one of each of the above, worked on them, researched, etc...

Now when you start talking about DIFFERENT MANUFACTURERS, that's a whole different ball game, and that's NOT the issue here..

Then I guess I'm not familiar with bikes.

@ Chephren have a look under the seat on the frame for a label like this:

According to the manual the flasher relay is here:

Which is here:

And this is the detail of the relay, 2 wires, brown and white/brown

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
CORRECT, that's what I said earlier in post #4. Part #13..

Here's the link again, left side, RIGHT WHERE YOUR PICTURES show it to be. Did you click on the link earlier?

1998 Yamaha FZR600RK Electrical 2 | Babbitts Online
Fine, I bow to your superior knowledge, get over youself. If you had actually read what you originally wrote and to what I responded you would have seen my point instead of getting on your high horse.