Intrest in 2009 Dragons Tail Meet.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Name is Chris (like millions of others). I'm 30 and an IT consultant. I'm pretty easy going and get along with everybody. I tried to get the wife to come but she doesn't think she will be up for it yet. I commute everyday on the bike but don't get out much on bike on the weekends since the mrs isn't quite there yet. Just looking to have some good rides, tell some lies, and learn a little more.

I'm willing to sleep wherever and do whatever needs to be done to help out. I can grill, build a fire, good at snipe hunting, and am not above canonballing into a hot tub.

If anyone is coming from too far up north and wants to sleep in VA on the way down let me know.

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
I am interested I will have to talk to the wife and see if she wants to go. I need to know as soon as possible what weekend it will be because I work every other weekend but if I know enough in advance it shouldn't be a problem taking the weekend off. How much in advance do we need to be paid up for the trip? pm me and let me know.

W

wrightme43

We have quite a bit of time. They usually start to fill up around the end of october begining of nov for the next year.

June 19th 20th and 21st??

I would like to go earlier but if that works for Bill and he will be there, we need to find out what works best for everyone.

Next question, how many people are interested in Thursday as well? It makes it really nice to have the extra day.

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am very interested and like others i have been waiting for this thread to come up. But being in the military on active duty a cant plan that far ahead. I will have to let you know closer. If i cant get in on the house i have no problems sleeping on a floor or someplace else.

W

wrightme43

I am very interested and like others i have been waiting for this thread to come up. But being in the military on active duty a cant plan that far ahead. I will have to let you know closer. If i cant get in on the house i have no problems sleeping on a floor or someplace else.

You will at least have a foldout cot or the couch man. No problems.

It would be great to meet you.

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn, I would love to join you guys, but it would cost me more to get there than the actual trip. Not to mention the hundreds of miles in between.

W

wrightme43

Ok just got off the phone with Mike (mikebike) he said he will be glad to lead the more sedate group. :rockon:

So thats all good.
We got
Me
Shaggy
AntMB
DarkIsz
Necrotimus
Mikebike
As for sures.

Sideshowdowns
Coursonap
MisterX
Hedmisten
As interested.

We may end up needing the Point as well.
That would be good as it is all double beds for couples. If you have a wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/husband wanting to go let me know.
I think we would need six couples to fill the Point.
here are the pictures. Its brand new and very very nice.
Treetops and The Ridge Vacation Rental, Graham County NC 828-479-8400

Here are the details on the treetops where I would like to stay.
Treetops and The Ridge Vacation Rental, Graham County NC 828-479-8400
Its a little older but very charming, and the pictures do not do it justice at all.

I know this is going to get bigger and bigger every year. Its a damn good time, and great to meet the people you know from online.

W

wrightme43

Damn, I would love to join you guys, but it would cost me more to get there than the actual trip. Not to mention the hundreds of miles in between.

Then why dont you guys put together a west coast meet? I know you all have good roads. Find a resort cabin, get a bunch of guys/girls together and have a party.

I met a bunch of guys from the ninja250 forum at a meet and liked all of them but one. Everybody I have met from the forum here has been great.

I really think I need to set up a golden rule rally here too.

Points for meeting other members and taking a photo with the FZ. More points the more members. Winner will of traveled to meet with the most members each year. Extra points for out of the way meets.

Also I have another idea I need to talk to Dennis about.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Aaaaaahhhh...the Smokeys....
2546456091_e46e190681_b.jpg

W

wrightme43

Its all good man, what ever you want. Its alot cheaper to hang with us though, and more fun, and you dont end up riding in the dark back to town. The cabins are right before 143 turns into the Skyway up the mountain.
They really are very nice and comfortable.

Mike will bring his jetboat if your worried about snoring. LOL

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd love to go but looking to have a newborn in the house around that time so no go for me. Timing kinda sucks too cause I had a weeks vacation planned around that time to do the Dragon and tour all the way across NC. Probably going to move that week earlier/later in the year.

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
the mrs. isnt sold yet...but at worst, I'll still be meeting up with you guys to ride at least Saturday. The Point looks awesome, but she said that we cant plan too far ahead.

FZ-B

Reaction score
Visit site
We have a small group that does the trip yearly. We stay at The Phillips Motel in Robbinsville. Perhaps next years trip will coincide!:thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in for a very lose maybe. It really depends on my military obligations, it is simply too far out for me to know for sure right now.

Also can anyone ensure that DI won't re-end me??? :rolleyes: :Flip:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Listen up SOLDIER!!! All you need is your fart sack, ground pad and shelter-half! Now move out and draw fire!

Are you out of Ft. Hood? If so maybe we could trailer out, that is one hellva long ride.

Like you I have no idea where I'm going to be. The tea leaves say the 'Stan next Fall so I may be in a premob-cycle next June.

W

wrightme43

I'm in for a very lose maybe. It really depends on my military obligations, it is simply too far out for me to know for sure right now.

Also can anyone ensure that DI won't re-end me??? :rolleyes: :Flip:

LOL

DI did a freaking awesome bit of riding to keep from hurting me, Angela, and him. He had no way of seeing the truck starting to turn. I had a clear view and more time to react and stop, he had to react after I had already decided to stop.

Seriously man, Two UP stoppie to impact at less than 5mph. My tire left marks on his handlebar, his fuel tank cut my tire.
I could not of stopped as well as he did.

I know your joking, but damn he saved all our asses from what could of been really really bad.