Intrest in 2009 Dragons Tail Meet.

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in Austin so a mid way point for a link up could work. I have crew cab so there would be plenty of room for gear in bed of the truck. If anyone else from TX or along the route wants to go that would be great. I'd think we could haul up to three bikes and four people. I just can't see making that 1200+ mile trip on the bike, I must be getting old. :rolleyes:

Wish I was back in Colorado, ninety degree weather gets old in September or 100+ in your case.

I just need to work out leave when i get there other. So as long as i can get the time i see no other problems in going. so lets hope

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in for Thursday as well. Hell, I would even be in for as early as Tuesday and make a week out of it. The last trip was a blast, but flew by, and I would have loved to spend more time with the guys. I'm still debating on wether to truck or ride down, the 750 mile one way trip was ok but being mostly interstate sucked on the bike.

Last edited:

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm also down for an extra day, or two, or seven....hell as long as there is someone to ride with who doesn't mind my company I'll be there.

If Sportrider shows up I'm totally bring my autograph book:Flash:

Is it to early to start talking about meeting up for the ride down? Anyone coming from IN/IL is welcome to swing through Louisville and ride down with me.

Sweet geebus! I'm already getting excited!

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm also down for an extra day, or two, or seven....hell as long as there is someone to ride with who doesn't mind my company I'll be there.

If Sportrider shows up I'm totally bring my autograph book:Flash:

Is it to early to start talking about meeting up for the ride down? Anyone coming from IN/IL is welcome to swing through Louisville and ride down with me.

Sweet geebus! I'm already getting excited!

You're feeling now what I felt as I was pulling away from Deals gap last year. It is a great time man!

FZ-B

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in for Thursday as well. Hell, I would even be in for as early as Tuesday and make a week out of it. The last trip was a blast, but flew by, and I would have loved to spend more time with the guys. I'm still debating on wether to truck or ride down, the 750 mile one way trip was ok but being mostly interstate sucked on the bike.

Part of the fun is the 700 mile ride there! This year my group took a detour and hit the Blue Ridge Parkway. If you ride and I make the trip, I'll tag along.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Part of the fun is the 700 mile ride there! This year my group took a detour and hit the Blue Ridge Parkway. If you ride and I make the trip, I'll tag along.

I had a companion last year. If I have one this year I'll ride again, but if I'm left to myslef I'll probably truck.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I'm not the only one who has pulled up google maps a few times. I am pretty sure I am going to ride my 550 miles there. I just havent decided which roads to take or if I am going to stop over and visit friends in Atlanta.

Anyone got expereince with 81 past Roanoke vs taking 40 from Durham?

FZ-B

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I'm not the only one who has pulled up google maps a few times. I am pretty sure I am going to ride my 550 miles there. I just havent decided which roads to take or if I am going to stop over and visit friends in Atlanta.

Anyone got expereince with 81 past Roanoke vs taking 40 from Durham?

We took 81 down minus our sidetrack on the parkway. On the way back GPS changed it up on me and took us back to 40/85. I think both are equal, but seemed to be less congested on 40/85 with not as many idiots.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea google maps said its about 9 hours 45 minutes from where I'm at.

Yea that's about right, we only stopped once to eat and it was gas and go for 12 hours. The best part of the ride was doing the Dragon at night without even realizing we were on it. You really don"t look at the route when you use GPS.