Is this a good deal?

Lerxst1

Reaction score
Visit site
A friend has a 2005 Fz6 for sale with only 7k miles.
$4800 with brand new tires on it. I haven't seen the bike in person yet but from the pics it doesn't look like it has any damage.

Does this sound like a good deal?

Is there anything that was a great improvement on the later years that would worth having and passing this bike up?

Lerxst

motodude

Reaction score
Visit site
A friend has a 2005 Fz6 for sale with only 7k miles.
$4800 with brand new tires on it. I haven't seen the bike in person yet but from the pics it doesn't look like it has any damage.

Does this sound like a good deal?

Is there anything that was a great improvement on the later years that would worth having and passing this bike up?

Lerxst

I had the same type of situation only the 05 I was looking at had 3800 miles for $4800. I personally thought that was a little high and offered $4000 (no dice).
I opted to get a brand new 07 out of the crate for $700 more.

Hope this helps a bit. Locations can vary.

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Personally, I think it's a bit high. There has been a major change as far as the design and features between the '06 and '07's. Since you are looking at an '05, it would be the same as the '06. $4000 is more realistic.

Here's a link on how much we all paid for our bikes. New and used.

If you can find an '07, you probably can get a killer deal like the other member. Also, '08's should be going down soon when the '09's starts hitting the floor.

Use the search function to find threads on what changes have been made between the old and newer FZ's.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/main...3-how-much-did-you-spend-your-fz6-7200-a.html