Is this how my bike will sound with scorpions? (Video)

:cheer::mikebike::don'tknow::stupidpc::sinister:

:wav:

Smilies are fun.

Soooo, anyone know?
Depends on the exhaust, but mainly they are easy to do. Most rate it a 3-4/10 job (1 being easy 10 being hard) it all consists of taking screws off and putting new stuff in place, takes people about 2hours give or take 1-2...If i'm wrong a knowledgeable person will correct me ;)

Get the Yamaha OEM bracket that clips on to the hand rail. It should work with the Givi boxes since the Yam ones are made by Givi I'm sure.

Actually the OEM rack is only good for about 5kg max weight. As for the Givi it is much more sturdy and will hold a lot more weight... Besides the difference is the Yamaha rack I believe is plastic while the Givi is made of metal...

You can use the OEM rack with Givi topcases, but I would really consider getting the metal rack.

Last edited:
yup thats pretty damned close

i was getting rdy to type a reply of "youtube vids dont sound like the real thing" till i watched this vid. its pretty close.

add a bit of silkiness to the exhaust tone and you get the exact tone, it is a touch smoother than in the vid but ya it gives you a very good idea

How hard is it to install them? It a do-it-yourself thing?

I'm new to motorcycles, but have been wokring on cars for about 4-5 years.

I have heard people installing themselves in a couple of hours. Usually the exhaust ships with installation instructions that are easy to follow. You should have a garage and tools available. I would recommend setting off a whole day just in case so you don't get stressed needing to finish the job in a given amount of time.

I think you should be more than ok with your background to change a slip-on yourself :)

Really?!? Because i got the measured widness of the Scorpions installed (thanks to another member!) and it came to about 11.5 inches, and with my Givi Brackets that wrap around the exhaust covers all i have is barely 10inches...I've seen the TwoBros with my Givi Bracket so i was considering those...But you say someone has the Scorp's and the GiviTopCase?
Edit: Here are the brackets i'd need to fit around the exhaust:
028-1.jpg

If anyone knows what fits in those? Thanks ^_^

Hmm I have been trying to find the post where the Scorpion was listed with the Givi but at the moment I cannot find it. Since I can't find the post I will not say that it fits and put you in a bad situation if it does indeed not match. Have you already bough the Scorpions or are you considering them?

Hmm without looking at photos for comparasin I would think that the 2bros are at least as wide as the scorpions but I might be wrong...

I check some more to see if I can find the post I'm looking for.

Ok found a post where someone says that the Scorpions work, how he knows this I'm not sure so you might contact him and ask... Anyway there are several other aftermarket exhausts that do work with the Givi kit...

Givi/Scorpion - Sportbikes.net

Ok here is an answer that might satisfy/disappoint you...

New Scorpion Exhaust - Sportbikes.net

Last edited:
Hmm I have been trying to find the post where the Scorpion was listed with the Givi but at the moment I cannot find it. Since I can't find the post I will not say that it fits and put you in a bad situation if it does indeed not match. Have you already bough the Scorpions or are you considering them?

Hmm without looking at photos for comparasin I would think that the 2bros are at least as wide as the scorpions but I might be wrong...

I check some more to see if I can find the post I'm looking for.

Ok found a post where someone says that the Scorpions work, how he knows this I'm not sure so you might contact him and ask... Anyway there are several other aftermarket exhausts that do work with the Givi kit...

Givi/Scorpion - Sportbikes.net

Ok here is an answer that might satisfy/disappoint you...

New Scorpion Exhaust - Sportbikes.net

Hey Man,
Thanks for your time! Looks like i'm not the only one with these questions :p So i'm pretty sure that no the scorpions will not fit, they just to wide and take up lots of space compared to the stock exhaust correct? The TwoBros i'm pretty sure yes they will fit as theres photo proof (i've also seen photos of the Laser Quad [4 pipes] with the Givi brackets), plus they about 4.75inches wide i think, so x2 + space in the middle they should just barely fit in the Givi Brackets: http://www.600riders.com/forum/product-reviews/2446-givi-plx-v35-bags-sw-motech-rack-3.html

Hey Man,
Thanks for your time! Looks like i'm not the only one with these questions :p So i'm pretty sure that no the scorpions will not fit, they just to wide and take up lots of space compared to the stock exhaust correct? The TwoBros i'm pretty sure yes they will fit as theres photo proof (i've also seen photos of the Laser Quad [4 pipes] with the Givi brackets), plus they about 4.75inches wide i think, so x2 + space in the middle they should just barely fit in the Givi Brackets: http://www.600riders.com/forum/product-reviews/2446-givi-plx-v35-bags-sw-motech-rack-3.html

Yeah sounds like your answer was there even though it took me close to 30 mins to get the correct post hehe... Glad I could help!

As for the space I think you mean that the Scorpions are so wide that more air will get through hehe.. But I would seriously consider going with an exhaust that do fit with the 351FZ kit from Givi for example. I would take that kit anyday over the OEM yamaha rack because of the more reliable mounting. And since there is quite a few exhausts that are compatible there should be no problem finding one you like :cheer:

Back