It finally happened, 110,000 miles.

Gosling1

Take it easy Charlie. I've got an angle.
Reaction score
Visit site
I've out of the forum for a while but I've come back briefly. My trusty and crusty 2006 has finally hit the 110,000 mile mark. The only major item done was a timing chain tensioner. No valve clearance checks and I still get about 40-50mpg. Heck, even the clutch is still the original along with the cable.

Attachments

• mileage.jpg
    mileage.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 47

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
d8e8dba7bd3de8443d135347c0a6f949.jpg

That's awesome! These are really great bikes. I wonder how many miles Kenny has now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations, well impressed :rockon:

I "ve got over 130000km's but that only equates to 81000 miles :thumbup:
Do you ride mainly commuting or also some longer trips?

Gosling1

Reaction score
Visit site
It used to be weekend trips everywhere, Deals Gap, Texas, Kentucky, North Carolina, and all over the southeast. Now it is mostly daily commute of 100 miles a day.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Very impressed!
Also, its hard to beleive a plated aluminum cylinder would last that long!

Anyone remember the Chevrolet Vega? They tossed the pistons against an aluminum cylinder. Those things barely made 20,000 miles and were killing mosquitoes with a smoke screen!!! Engineering FAIL!!!

/thread return!

Gosling1

Reaction score
Visit site
I changed the tensioner at about 108,000 miles. The cam chain is the original. Surprisingly there are no unusual noises coming from the engine.

Gosling1

Reaction score
Visit site
I used a endoscope a few months ago and the cylinder walls still look good. I'ved used (gasp) Rotella oil ever since the first oil change.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
110,000 miles, is that all? Seriously, you had a huge lead as far as most miles on a FZ6 on this forum, but now I'm just 5k miles behind you. I would have surpassed 110k if it weren't for me buying a new Ducati which is now my primary bike. I ride my FZ maybe once a week.

FYI my brushes on my starter wore down to nothing which prevented my bike from firing up. It was intermittent on the start, sometime a slow struggling crank but eventually fired up. But came to a point of no start at all. Push start was the only option with a failed starter.

SAAVA

Reaction score
Visit site
They are well made bikes. I never thought I would have the most miles as I am currently at 111,207, but I have since retired my 110 mile daily commute by moving three miles to work and now ride a bicycle to work. It is a good thing I live closer as I am still having intermittent starter issues even after replacing the bushes that were worn out. Everything else works fine and the engine pulls strong. Keep trucking as I think this bike can easily get to 150k or even 200k miles, just don't think it will be me.

Gosling1

Reaction score
Visit site
111, 207, dang, I need to catch up!

I plan on riding this one until it completely dies.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
They are well made bikes. I never thought I would have the most miles as I am currently at 111,207, but I have since retired my 110 mile daily commute by moving three miles to work and now ride a bicycle to work. It is a good thing I live closer as I am still having intermittent starter issues even after replacing the bushes that were worn out. Everything else works fine and the engine pulls strong. Keep trucking as I think this bike can easily get to 150k or even 200k miles, just don't think it will be me.

Impressive, that makes 3 of us on this thread that has logged over 100K miles on our FZ's.