its ugly but its rideable

mjbzak

Reaction score
Visit site
So I got my bike back together so its rideable today. Took me long enough don't know why I didn't think to mount my turn signals like that before. It felt great to ride it in over a year.

Last edited:

mjbzak

Reaction score
Visit site
Poor mans naked conversion lol. It rides nice no noticeable wind buffeting or anything of that nature. Everything seems to be solid no vibrations. Not sure about rideing in rain think I might wrap exposed electrical connections in electrical tape just to be safe. Would take any suggestions anyone has for me

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Poor mans naked conversion lol. It rides nice no noticeable wind buffeting or anything of that nature. Everything seems to be solid no vibrations. Not sure about rideing in rain think I might wrap exposed electrical connections in electrical tape just to be safe. Would take any suggestions anyone has for me

What I would do EVEN IF YOUR BIKE WASN'T half naked;

Any electrical connector you have, bulb you install, etc, put some di-electric grease in the connector, on the base of the bulb, battery terminal, etc. It helps keep moisture out, corrosion, etc...

A little smear on the spark plug rubber caps (where it seats on the valve cover) makes it considerably easier to install and later remove too..

On my bike, if it got unplugged, its got grease in it now!

Of course, NO GREASE on the headlight bulbs (even finger grease), the plastic 2 or 3 prong connector, yep(again just a little)!