Jack-Up Kit Yamaha FZ6 S2 2008

MitchellsFZ6

Truly obsessed with bikes
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey girls and guys of the forum :') :BLAA:

Ive posted on here before but I haven't done so in a while.

I haven't done anything major to my bike yet except change my exhausts, change the air and oil filter, I'm no slouch to mechanical work, so I'm up for a challenge (even if it would be a challenge, haha) :thumbup:

Has anyone ever changed their stock suspension at all?
I want to put a jack up kit on my Fizzer, I dont wish to add too much height.. Maybe 25, 35MM?

Also, if anyone has done this before, have you notcied any difference in handling?
My friend has his 02 Bandit 600 jacked up, 35MM and he says that it handles great but he bought the bike like this.. So he doesn't know any different..

Any help is appreciated guys, also, if there has already been thread on this, post me in the right direction :').

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
don't know many, if any, that have jacked-up their FZ6. I know many have changed their fork springs to race tech springs and even played with different oil weights to adjust the stiffness. And the other main one that has been around is switching to R6 forks but that will bring you the other way a few mm

I'll keep my eye out for anyone but I bet the answer will be new springs and oil to stiffen up the front so it matches the back suspension better. Supposed to make a day and night difference since the front stock springs are real squishy and feel awkward on bumps sometimes.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've heard of lowering but not jacking it up...

Why do you want to jack it up?

If it's because you want better handling there are many approaches to getting better behavior. :D

MitchellsFZ6

Truly obsessed with bikes
Reaction score
Visit site
@MDFB42
Cheers for the advice man, I haven't seen any kits myself :(.

How much info do you have on changing the front forks to R6's?
Will I have to be changing the top and bottom yokes?
What year forks will I be looking at?
Just a few quick questions that anyone can answer :).

@MotoGiro
I love the way the bike handles, I can get that from one knee to the other, no problem :)
I want it for aesthetics if I'm being totally honest, haha.
As I said in my previous post, my mates got his GSF600 jacked up and it looks mean, really does sort the rear end out.
Ive also got another mate with a standard 1998 GSF600 without the jack-up kit, you really can see the difference, to be honest, I wanna see mine with its arse a bit more in the air :)

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
@MDFB42
Cheers for the advice man, I haven't seen any kits myself :(.

How much info do you have on changing the front forks to R6's?
Will I have to be changing the top and bottom yokes?
What year forks will I be looking at?
Just a few quick questions that anyone can answer :).

@MotoGiro
I love the way the bike handles, I can get that from one knee to the other, no problem :)
I want it for aesthetics if I'm being totally honest, haha.
As I said in my previous post, my mates got his GSF600 jacked up and it looks mean, really does sort the rear end out.
Ive also got another mate with a standard 1998 GSF600 without the jack-up kit, you really can see the difference, to be honest, I wanna see mine with its arse a bit more in the air :)

There are several threads in the mods sections that talk about the r6 mod, and there is also this sticky in the mod section http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/3438-unofficial-fz6-compatibility-chart.html That is everyone little cheat sheet to compatible parts for mods. Keep your eyes open and you can get some r6 forks trees and all for under $300. I got a lead off of here from Hellgate. He found me some forks on the r6 forum for $150 shipped.

Here is a link I saved for some r6 mod guidance FZ6 - R6 Fork Mod

Hope all this helps, any more questions and I'll do my best to help and I'm sure everyone else will pitch in too