K&N Air Filter Sale

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NAUBXC]Amazon.com: K&N YA-6004 Replacement Air Filter: Automotive[/ame]

$41.55

Free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime!

rickthefix

Reaction score
Visit site
just ordered k&n for my 07. already have them in my 04 zx6r, 96 en500 & 79 xs650-sf. was looking to see if any short-cuts to install, book syas drain tank & remove. thanks for the tip!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just ordered k&n for my 07. already have them in my 04 zx6r, 96 en500 & 79 xs650-sf. was looking to see if any short-cuts to install, book syas drain tank & remove. thanks for the tip!

Yup.. there's no need to remove the tank. As long as fuel level is relatively low (less than 1/2 tank) you can just undo 2 bolts in the front holding the tank down and tilt it back. That will give you enough access to get to airbox.
Oh .. you will have to remove the inner fairing shroud first.. just a matter of undoing a few screws (I forget how easy it is for me now without any fairing :D )

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed on the k&n filter the filter area is just slightly smaller than the stock air filter. i would assume the k&n flows better though.