LED Blinker problem

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently put in cheap ebay bought LED blinker bulbs into my rear housings. I planned to do both front and back, but I need different ones for the front. After putting them in, they seemed to blink faster. Has anyone else experienced this when going to LED bulbs?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The LED's have a different load characteristic because they draw much less current than an incandescent bulb. Because of this a common fix is using a resistor of a specific wattage and resistance to emulate the incandescent bulb. A much better way is to change the OEM flasher relay to an inexpensive electronic relay. I believe the one I used was made by Motrax and I got it at Cycle Gear. I'm sure there are other replacements from other sources.
The front LED replacements will have to include the running light function. The front OEM directionals have a 2 filament lamp. This means you will have to procure a replacement LED that provides the function of running light and directional.
Hope this helps

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The LED's have a different load characteristic because they draw much less current that an incandescent bulb. Because of this a common fix is using a resistor of a specific wattage and resistance to emulate the incandescent bulb. A much better way is to change the OEM flasher relay to an inexpensive electronic relay. I believe the one I used was made by Motrax and I got it at Cycle Gear. I'm sure there are other replacements from other sources.
The front LED replacements will have to include the running light function. The front OEM directionals have a 2 filament lamp. This means you will have to procure a replacement LED that provides the function of running light and directional.
Hope this helps

What he said , now give the man a rep & put this to bed :thumbup: