Lefty is still alive!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, I know alot of you have wondered what had become of me since I haven't posted in months so I'd thought I'd let you know what's been going on.
Last year was a very non-riding year due to some unforseen health problems which for the most part have improved due to great doctors and medication.
That did though accelerate Mrs. Lefty and my decision to retire and get the heck out of California. We relocated to Oregon in a house on the Umpqua River
and we couldn't be happier. We both bought new Yamaha's when we got here (thanks Oregon, no sales tax!) she got an FZ07 and I got an "old mans" bike an
FJ09. Didn't get much riding on the new bikes due to the Oregon winters but now that spring has arrived we're venturing out in the neighboring countryside
which is only 5 minutes outside of town. This year promises to bring many more multi day trips for me hopefully including a swing down to SoCal to see my
brother and sister hoons.
I was planning on keeping the FZ6 but I love he FJ09 so much it wasn't seeing any road time and I was just paying insurance to park it in the garage. I finally
put it on Craigslist on Monday and found a great local buyer on Tuesday. He's super excited and I've given him the forums web address so when he joins up
with you degenerates be nice to him! lol... I told him to mention that he bought Lefty's bike and you would welcome him with open arms.
Who know's, he (John) may be reading this post right now.
I just want to thanks everyone here who I've gotten to know and ride with along with those I haven't had the pleasure to meet in person for all the information
and help (and laughs) over the last 6+ years.
I'll still poke my nose in maybe a little more often now that I have more time.

My best to everyone,
Lefty (John)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lefty! Good to hear from you and glad you're out and about. We're waiting for you and Carrie to ride down and visit us for a ride. It's been a slow year for riding down here this winter as apposed to other years because of more rain.
Let us know when you come down and don't be such a stranger! :)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your health issues, but pleased that you're taking it easy and living the good life :rockon:

BTW about those bikes

:needpics:

;)

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was planning on keeping the FZ6 but I love he FJ09 so much it wasn't seeing any road time

I like my Fz6, but am also looking at the FJ09/XSR900/FZ09 series for a possible upgrade in the future. So, I have this question for you - what is the range(miles per tank) you get on the FJ09?

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like my Fz6, but am also looking at the FJ09/XSR900/FZ09 series for a possible upgrade in the future. So, I have this question for you - what is the range(miles per tank) you get on the FJ09?

I just put the 1st 1000 miles on the FJ09 with mostly country/hill riding and I'd say 180-200 miles per tank. The only thing that annoys me with both my bike and my wife's FZ-07 is that the fuel gauge goes from full to a half of a tank in
one move. The second half is in 4 increments if I remember right and isn't very consistent in the process. Needless to say I still rely on the trip odometer as a fail safe.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When it warms up a bit more, you and your wife should take a ride down to the Oregon Caves Nat'l Monument, shouldn't be more than a half day ride to get there and then spend the night at the historic lodge. The road to get there is probably one of the best short roads for motorcycles. The tour through the caves are amazing too.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the tip Kenny! Crazy weather here, 88 degrees and clear yesterday and thunderstorms as I type this. Blah

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, I know alot of you have wondered what had become of me since I haven't posted in months so I'd thought I'd let you know what's been going on.
Last year was a very non-riding year due to some unforseen health problems which for the most part have improved due to great doctors and medication.
That did though accelerate Mrs. Lefty and my decision to retire and get the heck out of California. We relocated to Oregon in a house on the Umpqua River
and we couldn't be happier. We both bought new Yamaha's when we got here (thanks Oregon, no sales tax!) she got an FZ07 and I got an "old mans" bike an
FJ09. Didn't get much riding on the new bikes due to the Oregon winters but now that spring has arrived we're venturing out in the neighboring countryside
which is only 5 minutes outside of town. This year promises to bring many more multi day trips for me hopefully including a swing down to SoCal to see my
brother and sister hoons.
I was planning on keeping the FZ6 but I love he FJ09 so much it wasn't seeing any road time and I was just paying insurance to park it in the garage. I finally
put it on Craigslist on Monday and found a great local buyer on Tuesday. He's super excited and I've given him the forums web address so when he joins up
with you degenerates be nice to him! lol... I told him to mention that he bought Lefty's bike and you would welcome him with open arms.
Who know's, he (John) may be reading this post right now.
I just want to thanks everyone here who I've gotten to know and ride with along with those I haven't had the pleasure to meet in person for all the information
and help (and laughs) over the last 6+ years.
I'll still poke my nose in maybe a little more often now that I have more time.

My best to everyone,
Lefty (John)

Sorry to hear about your health issues, but pleased that you're taking it easy and living the good life :rockon:

BTW about those bikes

:needpics:

;)

Nice bikes Lefty, it looks like a really nice area you're living in now as well:thumbup:

Last edited:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Another defector from California! Geez, Lefty, after this move, might be wondering: "Geez, what's missing? I remember that while living in CA I used to see so many warning notices in just about every store. What was it.....? Hmmmm. OH YEAH! Answer: THOSE DAMN 1,000,000,000,000,000 PROP 65 NOTICES that Californians are bombarded with in just about every store aisle."

I wonder if Oregon has some similar regulation warning everybody everywhere about suspected cancer-causing products that sometimes seem to include just about everything. Oh well, enough of that.

Welcome back to the forum Lefty! Maybe I can merge with you in Sacramento on your next trip to SoCal! I'm still on my '07 FZ6.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
HAHA, I have a suggestion for CA. "Life is hazardous, get over it"! lol That pretty much covers it all.

LazrFazr

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Lefty!
Finally found my way on here. Jacket and gloves are in the mail! Been on a couple short rides so far and we got a little wet trying to dodge some rain clouds. Hoping we'll get a break in the rain this weekend and I can properly stretch her legs! Loving my new bike!
Thanks again!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I knew that she was going to a great home! It makes losing her a lot less painful. :D
Give me a shout if I can help in any way or if you just want to go for a ride.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Lefty!
Finally found my way on here. Jacket and gloves are in the mail! Been on a couple short rides so far and we got a little wet trying to dodge some rain clouds. Hoping we'll get a break in the rain this weekend and I can properly stretch her legs! Loving my new bike!
Thanks again!

Welcome aboard!

Great choice in bikes!!!

LazrFazr

Reaction score
Visit site
When it warms up a bit more, you and your wife should take a ride down to the Oregon Caves Nat'l Monument, shouldn't be more than a half day ride to get there and then spend the night at the historic lodge. The road to get there is probably one of the best short roads for motorcycles. The tour through the caves are amazing too.
Have you been west on Highway 42 to the coast yet? Awesome route. When you get to Coquille take 42S route to Bandon.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, I did a 200 mile loop on Hwy 42 to the coast, north to Reedsport and then back to Roseburg. Great ride!
The picture of the FJ09 was taken on that ride on my way back by the Elk viewing area.

banjoboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Johnny, glad yer do'in better; retirement was a smart move. (Life's too short to spend slave'in away for the man!)
Maybe we can meet in Yreka, ride doen 96 to Willow Creek, to Weaverville, 'n up 3 to Weed some time? :p

Shasta_Weed.jpg

Attachments

• Shasta_Weed.jpg
    Shasta_Weed.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 35