Limiting engine power

dfndr

Reaction score
Visit site
On the beginers forums many experienced people are saying that the Fz6 is not a good bike for beginers. If a beginer wanted to ride the bike but limit the engine output like some Europeans are saying---how would one do it? Is there a kit, chip or rev limiter to accomplish this? Thanks for the advice.

W

wrightme43

Its not the best begining bike, I agree.

I dont know that I would limit power though. You would be better off just not using it.
Its pretty gentle up till about 8000 rpm.
I dont know how to do what you want though.

I will highly reccomend the ninja 250 as a great starter bike that will resale for within 200$ of what you buy it for. IF you dont tear it up.

Ninja 250 Riders Club is the place to go.
The FZ doesnt have the easy going, self correcting style the ninja 250 does.
If you tell it to kill you it will, even with less power.
If you tell the ninja to kill you, it usually acts like hey man are you sure you want to be doing this?

I know that sounds wierd but its what I know about the FZ and remember about the 250.
I know it looks old school, I know its not as cool, I am very thankful that I started there, and was able to use the lessons in the books on a forgiving bike that is cheap to repair. I just wouldnt of done the drills as hard with my expensive FZ as I did with my paid cash for ninja.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
If you keep it under 8000 rpm's, you'll be ok. the throttle is easy up to that point and you should never have to go above that for regular riding anyways. When I first bought my bike, I never took it above 5-6000, being used to domestic car engines.

if you find a used fz6, I say go for it. i've never seen a fz6 every visit i've had in fresno.