louisiana riders lights info

sempul

Reaction score
Visit site
just to let everyone in louisiana know of a little known law. most riders wish to run neon lights on your bike. i agree with it because it does make you more visable. however it is also illegal. you are NOT allowed to run red, green, blue, or unauthorized white lights on your bike. however there is NO law against purple or "black" lights. i have confirmed this with the POST council (the governing school for police training) and with other members of the police department i work in. however if you choose to run these make sure everything else is legal on your bike and there is no local ordinance in your town (never heard of one but be warned). some small towns will stop you and harrass you. and yes your bike REQUIRES an inspection stick. it just doesnt have to be displayed but must be with your paperwork. just a little information for you and i take no responsibility if you get in trouble lol.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
They would probably still harrass you if they had a mind to. The 'black' light obviously does not fall in the visible spectrum, so there's no issue with the light source itself..... (it's up in the ultraviolet range... just a bit higher in frequency than the light source in a bug zapper.)

Everything it illuminates will be another matter. Most stuff will reflect some odd version of the light hitting the surfaces.... that will certainly show up as odd colors and weird brightnesses. In a parking lot for bling, I can see it. On the road? Not so much.

sempul

Reaction score
Visit site
well actually the black light set actually lights up my entire bike dark purple and reflects of the other colors. however as those colors are not light sources themselves then they do not count as red.blue,or green lights. only the black lights do. and yes it emites a higher frenquency than we can see it still does give of illumination.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
The first time you smile and show your teeth anywhere near one of those things....... you'll know why black lights lost popularity 30 years ago.:eek:

The stuff that glows on your teeth that is not normally visible is amazing, and it's not in a pleasant way. Thanks, but no thanks.