Low sided.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I was at a gas station talking to my brothers girlfriend on her kawasaki vulcan 900, she was facing north, and i was south. after saying a few words, my plan was to ride south about 10 yards and do a U turn. All was fine until I leaned over to the left, I didnt give enough throttle and the forks locked. Dropped like a very heavy stone. The only really embarrassing thing was when the bike started dropping, my hand stuck on the throttle and I revved it up pretty high, basically advertising everyone to look my way as I went down. When it registered that I was going down, I rolled onto my left shoulder and came up on my feet, and as soon as I got to my feet, I backed up to my bike , grabbed the left hand grip with my right hand, grabbed the passenger grab rail with my left, and lifted it right up. All in all it was the kind of low side you would see if someone had been practicing it all day, and was doing it to show off. lol just a few scratches and bent the clutch inward at the end. Very elegant low side if i say so myself. LOL Be careful out there.

W

wrightme43

Well crap man, glad your ok though. When you popped up did you take a bow? LOL I did mine if front of all my friends on the ninja site. LOL

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice to know it was nothing serious!

I nearly did this in my own driveway. I locked the steering to the right and it started to dive that direction but I threw out my right foot and held it then brought it back to upright. Glad I've got strong legs!!!

Glad you weren't hurt! Take care!

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, of course i had all my gear on. It was a 200 mile ride so I would have felt very vulnerable on the freeway in a tshirt and flip flops lol. I didnt take a bow write, but when I got my bike up, I waved at all the folks driving by me staring.

W

wrightme43

Thats good enough. If it happens to me again, I hope to remember to take a bow, and see if I can get a picture of me standing with one foot on the dead beast.